Siltcoos/Westlake boat launch construction

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I just spoke with Lane County Parks, starting Monday 11/9 there will be construction on the dock at the Westlake boat launch, sounds like the dock will be closed but the launch will only close for short periods of time when they are moving equipment in and out of the water. The work is expected to finish by mid-December and there should be some sort of signage explaining this posted at the launch.

If they leave the bridge and first part of the launch open then people will still be able to climb into boats without getting wet but it will reduce the launch to a slower one at a time process...cheers, roger

FYI- just down the river at Tyee campground is a primitive launch that is fine for kayaks/canoes/drift boats/small (12-14') fishing boats...you are basically going to slide your boat over a sand/mud bar to get it floating...there are also boat launches around the lake at Nightingales ($10 to launch) and I think also Ada Resort.

B
billfisher
Thanks for the heads up Rodger. This could be a problem for me to get my Brother-in Law in and out of the boat.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Great timing from the County!

G
getsdwyz
Siltcoos/Westlake boat launch construction

Darling resort had a nice boat launch and parking fees are $5 and there just off the hwy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Looks closed to me, what idiot at the County decided now was a good time for this! DSCN0680.jpg

N
nwdunerider
Thats what we thought at 7 30 am this morning

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
they told me on the phone this morning that starting Monday, the launch would close briefly during the day while the work was going on. but they also said the work was contracted out and it is starting to sound like there might have been a bit of a communication breakdown.

doesn't cause any problem for launching kayaks but could be a serious inconvenience for powerboats...

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
rogerdodger said:
they told me on the phone this morning that starting Monday, the launch would close briefly during the day while the work was going on. but they also said the work was contracted out and it is starting to sound like there might have been a bit of a communication breakdown.

doesn't cause any problem for launching kayaks but could be a serious inconvenience for powerboats...

I think it is safe to say that I got the BS two step from Lane County Parks today....

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
1- they are working on Saturday
2- Darlings is honoring the Lane County Annual Pass
3- the lake level is dropping

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Just heard the Tahkenich run of Coho is stuck behind a sand berm below the fish ladder. International Paper has dropped the ball as they haven't opened the dam yet and wont respond. I hear the seals are siting at the dam for the last 2 weeks eating salmon and SRC!

Top Bottom