Siltcoos/Tahkenitch update

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
As of Oct.28, the outlet rivers from both lakes are blocked at the beach. Not connecting to the ocean. Lake levels are fairly high and the outlets are so high that they are flooding the forest shoreline along them. No coho or searun cutthroats in the lakes yet (unless they tunneled through the sand).

This is the mouth of the Siltcoos outlet, just a large bay and continuous smooth beach. I'm hoping the strong tides coming Nov.4-8 will release all this water into the ocean.
dURNtJd.jpg

Siltcoos campground bridge
3cqZziO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
G
Gulfstream
Thanks for the 411!I got word today that the mouth of the sixes broke open.but no fish as of yet

hobster
hobster
Yes, thank you for the info Roger. Hoping you are correct the incoming tide will get those fish moving in there. We camped at lagoon campground for my birthday last summer and kayaked down to the ocean on the Siltcoos river, fun stuff. I am kind of surprised the high water in the lakes and outlets aren’t busting that open

N
nwdunerider
Roger you missed it on this one
Been catching for 2 weeks now

Reactions: GaryP1958
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
nwdunerider said:
Roger you missed it on this one
Been catching for 2 weeks now
cool, can you post a picture of your Harvest Tag showing some 2W fish caught in 84 this month?

PS- the strong tide cycle Oct.7-10 might have allowed some fish over the beach dam on those high tides. Doesn't change that the outlet is currently blocked and the ocean fish can't get into the lakes right now. Once the outlet river breaks through the beach, the water level below the dam (west of 101) will drop dramatically and quickly, hopefully bringing in the main run.

• Haha
Reactions: 305to503fishermen and Markk
N
nwdunerider
There you go again Roger
Careful people
Roger will dissect your post for possible inconsistency and game violations
We don't have to post a pic for your approval
This an information sharing blog
You have no right to demand proof

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
nwdunerider said:
There you go again Roger
Careful people
Roger will dissect your post for possible inconsistency and game violations
We don't have to post a pic for your approval
This an information sharing blog
You have no right to demand proof

reply used often at OFF in the past was "no pictures, didn't happen".

Reactions: Markk and Shaun Solomon
GaryP1958
GaryP1958
In the old days the locals would dynamite the outlet to open it up and had shooters sniping the seals! Frowned upon these days! Roger is correct they can't get through right now and the seals eat 90% of them! Roger can be thin skinned sometimes but he means well!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
The wheel weaves as the wheel wills.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Gulfstream said:
Thanks for the 411!I got word today that the mouth of the sixes broke open.but no fish as of yet
Ocean has been incredibly rough. A few jacks were caught on Monday but no adults. Water looked fantastic but the ocean needs to calm down a bit.

Now that Crystal Creek to Hughes house is open, I bet a few adults have been caught.

A few years ago, I was the first boat down after they opened the lower river and it was excellent.

Last edited:
Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
I hope they don’t make a dog’s dinner of the WOT series.

Reactions: rogerdodger
D
Diamond Lake Charlie
I must apologize to you all, it has been years since I fished tachanitch (sp) and then only for crappie and I did not do good then so I just cruised the lake, had a great day and found a good place to build and live but never did that. I am much older now and I am having some problems created by my working conditions from when I was young, in the mid to late 60's. I have been in the tussle of selling my boat and getting my legs fixed. I have often read about the runs and have wanted to fish for them but just have not gotten the ambition to go. Before I lose my boat I would love to fish/catch a fish but do not know how to fish for the salmonoids and would really love some help. So if one of you, who is pretty good at fishing for them, I would really love some assistance. It is about a 2 hour drive for me but that is not a problem. So if you could give some assistance please. if you are not comfortable about putting it on line let me know and we can do it by phone.

V/R
DLC