Siltcoos River, Oct.28

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
9am Wednesday, finally, a pair of Jacks! another did a 'rainbow' jump below the bridge a minute later...

[video]https://youtu.be/m5Z0VjxO8PE[/video]

and a 'romp' of river otters!

[video]https://youtu.be/FeW2mZ0JH0g[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
hobster
hobster
Ha ha, your dog wanted to get them otters :D

N
nwdunerider
Nice !
It's on . And with more rain on the way.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
:)

J
JeannaJigs
[emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Markk
Markk
Nice!

C
Catwalk
Was that at the Waxmyrtle bridge?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
M
mikeredding
Sweet.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I'm heading for Siltcoos in my kayak now to spend a relaxing day in the rain not catching any coho...

Markk
Markk
rogerdodger said:
I'm heading for Siltcoos in my kayak now to spend a relaxing day in the rain not catching any coho...
I hope you're pleasantly surprised!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Markk said:
I hope you're pleasantly surprised!

not much better than pedaling around a beautiful lake all alone, I might have seen 4 boats in 6 hours on the water, one was fly fishing for SRC...

no coho yet but some fresh SRC, I landed 4 and took 3 home, this 15" 2-salt fish was the highlight of my day...cheers, roger (blue Worden's Vibric spinner from BiMart)....

Last edited by a moderator:
G
getsdwyz
Nice looking fish .vacation starts in one day and then I will be on the lake for two weeks.

P
playhooky
Yummmmm......Looks like grill'n material to me. Nice job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B
Billamicasr
Beautiful fish!
Remember when the SRC was referred to as harvest trout or bluebacks?
I'll see you on the lake in the next day or two.

Had to visit Bi-Mart Coos Bay for my Vibrics, Florence Bi-Mart said they are phasing out the "old" styles to add new stuff.
That of course is up to the head buyer at headquarters in Eugene, not the guy telling me that in the store. They had a few small vibrics on pegs, but nothing close to 3/8-1/2 oz.

That was a couple of weeks ago. Wonder if there are any on the pegs now.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Billamicasr said:
Beautiful fish!
Remember when the SRC was referred to as harvest trout or bluebacks?
I'll see you on the lake in the next day or two.

Had to visit Bi-Mart Coos Bay for my Vibrics, Florence Bi-Mart said they are phasing out the "old" styles to add new stuff.
That of course is up to the head buyer at headquarters in Eugene, not the guy telling me that in the store. They had a few small vibrics on pegs, but nothing close to 3/8-1/2 oz.

That was a couple of weeks ago. Wonder if there are any on the pegs now.

yeah the packaging and labeling of those spinners has been goofy, the best size usually has the "1/2oz" marked on the blade of the spinner (total weight) but I have seen it labeled as 1/4oz since that is the body weight...blade size is 5...they are about the size of a #4 Blue Fox, not a giant salmon spinner...