Siltcoos River advice

18406ej
18406ej
I don't have access to a boat, and have a schedule that is not flexible enough to consider "open seat" offers on Siltcoos Lake. I have read that the lake has limited access, but that the Siltcoos River has ample bank access from various campgrounds. Do you think it would be worth my while to drive down to the river for salmon fishing, or would it be a complete waste of time? If I go, is bobber fishing a good way to target the fish? Finally, is it best to fish during low or high tide?

As always, any help is appreciated.

EJ

97trapper
check tyee campground its locked but you can walk in maybe half a mile LOTS of bank fishing.i would say bright color spinners or plugs.good luck .521 0664

T
Thuggin4Life
Wouldn't say tons of bank fishing but there is room to fish. but anyways what he said.

J
JeannaJigs
the river isn't much good unless there's been a big amount of rain, and or the dam is open. Spinners work best when it's flowing, these fish are aggressive and strike with anger, not so much hunger. I find that when the dam is open, after high tide has been best. Everyone and their mother is throwing bright stuff...my recommendation is to resist the temptation. Purple, dark green, blue...all have treated me well in the river when fish are being bombarded with pink, orange and chartreuse.

97trapper
jeanna jigs.is right on the color.Purple, dark green, blue...