Siltcoos live webcam

G
getsdwyz
So if anyone's interested in seeing what the weather looks like out on Siltcoos lake anytime they want here is a link to a live WebCam that is stationed over at darling resort.

http://darling-marina-rv-resort.click2stream.com/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: rogerdodger
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent, now if only we had one showing the water just below the dam...

G
getsdwyz
Yeah that would be nice.Rich from darlings the other day met the lady of the dam that is in charge and was told that when the lake hit 7'6" she would reopen the dam so keep an eye out for that this week !!! It was it 7 foot when I left today

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
big rain Sat. and Sun. might just do it, if so, maybe next week the big adult coho will make an appearance.

G
getsdwyz
Yeah I'll be back next weekend looking for them I did manage to catch four Jack's this week all of them very bright

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks for the vidlink. Got to see a shot @4:52, before it switched to current time.

Quetion for you both, do you toss hardware for them, or troll spinners, or ??? Just wondering, what your favorite methods are.

Oh...one more question...are there any decent, yet reaonably priced, rental boats available?

P.S. Whoops. Just as I hit send; I realized that I hijacked your thread. My bad.

B
Billamicasr
Just looked at the Webcam... 4:45 AM Saturday and the rain is blowing sideways. Left to right, right to left... seems a bit confused. May not be a good day to hit the lake.

Thanks for the link to the Webcam.

So, it seems the weather has changed for the better... by 9 AM the rain stopped. It's now 11 AM with cloud cover, but still no rain; and I had already decided to spend the day off the water.
I'm guessing but if I plan to put the boat in the water tomorrow it should rain pretty much all day... LOL!

Last edited:
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
troutdude said:
Thanks for the vidlink. Got to see a shot @4:52, before it switched to current time.

Quetion for you both, do you toss hardware for them, or troll spinners, or ??? Just wondering, what your favorite methods are.

Oh...one more question...are there any decent, yet reaonably priced, rental boats available?

P.S. Whoops. Just as I hit send; I realized that I hijacked your thread. My bad.

we toss spinners for fish we locate holding in near-shore areas or we "spin-troll", which works great from kayak or PB:

"Spin-Troll": get moving between 1.5 and 2mph, cast the spinner back a good distance (less if weeds are coming up near the surface), close bail and confirm good spinner action at the rod tip, put it in the rod holder and wait for either weeds (slow pull) or fish....

Siltcoos is shallow, 15' average, lots of weeds coming up to within a few feet of the surface, they are widely scattered in areas, thick in others. In fact, main benefit of HDI sonar is monitoring weeds, not locating fish. There are also lots of floating weed pieces in areas, casting the spinner back while moving, as opposed to letting line out, helps avoid catching these.

troutdude
troutdude
Thank you Roger; great detail! I had a hunch that, would be the way to go. I have fished that lake before, and am aware of how shallow it is (and therefore a bit challenging). Thanks again, and good luck!

D
DrTheopolis
rogerdodger said:
"Spin-Troll": get moving between 1.5 and 2mph, cast the spinner back a good distance (less if weeds are coming up near the surface), close bail and confirm good spinner action at the rod tip, put it in the rod holder and wait for either weeds (slow pull) or fish....

I've used this technique in other locations (like the Forks at Nehalem). Bang-Tail spinners in 3/8th oz are excellent for this. I highly recommend them.