Siltcoos launch access

P
pdxflies
Hello! We are heading down to Siltcoos for an annual stay at the lake and I had a question for anyone super familiar with the lake. We normally stay pretty close to where the Siltcoos River meets the lake, and put our boat in at the community ramp. This year we are staying up in the cover, rounding Arrowhead Point and heading towards where BoyScout Rd meets Plutos Promenade. We have a dock there, but it appears as though the closest available put in is Darlings Marina. This isn't a terrible clip, but we also have a tandem kayak that would be bear to row that distance if there's any wind (and there always seems to be wind.)

Anyway, curious if anyone knows of any other place a fella and his kid might put in a little 12' aluminum with small honda motor, and/or a 12' tandem kayak that's closer than Darlings to our place (marked on this map.) I've done some searching but can't seem to find anything else. The Boy Scout camp looked like a possibility, but haven't heard back from them.

Thanks for any help!
-Paul

• lake.png
Last edited by a moderator:
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
it actually looks like the Lane County launch is closer than Darlings, but it doesn't allow overnight parking so you would want to drive the rig around to the house.

the only other launch I am aware of is up on the NE corner, at Nightingales up the Miller Arm, not sure what they charge.

P
pdxflies
You're right, Lane County is actually closer as the crow flies (or boat floats) across the water. And Nightingales is closer by a short bit still. Thanks for the tip! Looks like they charge $10 for launch and maybe another $10 for parking, but I think I have room in the driveway where we're staying for my little trailer.

Thanks so much for the tips! (Any idea how the bass fishing is out on the lake right now?) :)
-Paul

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
no intel on fishing at Siltcoos right now, Pepper and I took a 5 hour trip all the way around it last week, including going up both of the coho arms, water temp was about 73F and slightly brown-green, not great visibility but no big algae bloom so far this year and I think there are less weeds that usual. basically normal July conditions. we will be back on October 1 for opening day. :)

P
pdxflies
Ah, thanks again sir! I appreciate all the help!

P
pdxflies
Thanks again, Rogerdodger, for the tips. We had plenty of parking at our rental, so we kept the trailer with us there and just put in at Lane County boat ramp. Took about 20-25 minutes to cover the 2 miles with our little 7.5 hp Honda, but worked out well each time we needed to get there and back. We hauled our tandem kayak from the house to the river/lake confluence once as well, so my wife and daughter wouldn't have to cut across the lake paddling to get there.

Fishing report - terrible. :) No real bites over 4 days of fishing, aside from baby largemouth chasing flies in the late evening. Ran into a trio of boats from a pro bass team that said TenMile had been rough too, so they bailed and came over to Siltcoos, but had only caught a handful between the three of them the whole day.

But the water was beautiful and the time out with the family is all that really matters!

Reactions: rogerdodger
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
late-October to mid-November is the best time to chase Coho at Siltcoos... :)