Siltcoos finally paid off

G
getsdwyz
After 19 long grueling days of salmon fishing this month we finally tagged a couple adult Coho . And they were some beautiful chromed out hens.

B
billfisher
Alright! Beautiful! Well done! Now thats being persistant. :flex:

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent, nice job tagging those beauties!

[MENTION=3365]Snopro[/MENTION] this is a good example of why C&R is so rare, it is common to go 5, 10, even 20 days out fishing and not touch a Siltcoos coho, and even if you tie into one early in your day, it can often be the only one you find that day...the only one I have ever released is a 23" coho on opening day 2013 because I did not want to burn a tag spot for a little one that early in the year...

Last edited:
GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Your wife got the best one! I have determined spending 2 hours a day for Surf Perch is more bang for the buck! Nice fish!

Markk
Markk
Nice!

T
Toyracer38
Beauty's. Way to keep after them!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Windy on Saturday so I spent most the day fishing behind Booth Island, then I got this 29" hen right at the start of the river, not much room in there but she was easy to control and full of beautiful eggs...cheers, roger

G
getsdwyz
Siltcoos finally paid off

Nice-looking fish Roger that means there are still some fresh ones coming in. I had one right to the boat today and it came loose but my sister tagged out two really nice ones out of her boat. And saw six other fish landed today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B
billfisher
Nice fish Roger, a bonus is always good.

B
billfisher
getsdwyz, bummer to lose one at the boat, maybe tomorrow! I'm bringing my BIL tomorrow and give em another try.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
getsdwyz said:
Nice-looking fish Roger that means there are still some fresh ones coming in. I had one right to the boat today and it came loose but my sister tagged out two really nice ones out of her boat. And saw six other fish landed today

I saw you guys behind Booth Island when I was headed south but looked like you headed towards Ada resort/Fiddle Creek...river was moving pretty good, pushed me into the bridge while I was trying to net my 'egg wagon'...

B
bubs
Congratulations on the fish (to everyone who got some at Siltcoos)! Sounds like it's taking some serious effort this year, so probably feels pretty good!

P
playhooky
Congrats RD......trolling or casting? (with?) Nice.....Persistence = Victory!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
playhooky said:
Congrats RD......trolling or casting? (with?) Nice.....Persistence = Victory!

I was trolling into the start of the river but hit shallow weeds, so reeled in and just before the bridge I did a quick cast back and over to shore in a spot likely to hold a fish, she hit just as I got the blade turning...pink Wordens Vibric SST 1/2oz...

C
cddunn
rogerdodger said:
excellent, nice job tagging those beauties!

[MENTION=3365]Snopro[/MENTION]it is common to go 5, 10, even 20 days out fishing and not touch a Siltcoos coho,.
It's so nice to hear this every once in a while. Being that it's all relative. I hit Siltcoos a few years ago for days, and zippo, really messed with my head. P.S. Damn good lookin' fishies you two.

E
eugene1
Nice to see those Siltcoos fish!

Thanks for the reports

EOBOY
EOBOY
what a fun thread

O
OnTheDrop
You Siltcoosers better hit the lake after this rain event.... ( if still open )

When I worked at Cabelas in Soringfield there was a select few guys who would come in late Novemeber saying the best was ahead?

Good luck, I still want to get out that way sometime when I'm not busy....well..fishing.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
OnTheDrop said:
You Siltcoosers better hit the lake after this rain event.... ( if still open )

When I worked at Cabelas in Springfield there was a select few guys who would come in late Novemeber saying the best was ahead?

Good luck, I still want to get out that way sometime when I'm not busy....well..fishing.

yes, it is open to Dec.31 and I tried to get a fishing pass to hit it today between storms but my pass was declined, which almost never happens, so I didn't complain, just chilled...:peace:

G
getsdwyz
I'll be down there Saturday morning