Siltcoos camera appreciated

B
Billamicasr
Sorry, do not recall who posted the link to the Darling's Resort (at Siltcoos Lake) Webcam but I have to give a big thanks to the "Resort' for such a device and thanks to whomever posted the link http://darling-marina-rv-resort.click2stream.com/ wouldn't it be great if there were a Web cam at other popular lakes? Is there one at Henry Haag, or Dorena, etc?

Here is what I see... Starting this afternoon 12/28 there seems to be a few adventurous (and hardy) type who launch their boat looking for one kind of fish or another. Watching these people I have to wonder what the target is. I've heard and read one of the best things to throw, late season is a white or chartreuse/white or black Chatterbait (Storm Baits) as if fishing for Black Bass. Apparently the Bass boys (for which I qualify) have or are nailing accidental catches of Coho while after Bass. That would be a great surprise to hit a 10-12 pound Coho while after a 5-7 pound Bass. I believe the terminology is YEE-Ha! Then again I'll take either species.

Nice of me to spread rumors, but what I'm actually doing is trolling for information. Any of you Bass people catching Coho on Bass lures in Siltcoos, Tachenich or Tenmile?

If this decent weather continues as the prognosticators suggest I believe I'll throw a plastic fantastic (kayak) boat in the water at ADA to see what I can stir-up. It has been so long since I launched, I may not remember which end of the paddle to hold... I did hear it is like riding a bike (LOL!).

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I think it was [MENTION=1682]getsdwyz[/MENTION] that posted the link...

I fished TenMile Lake today from kayak for coho/bass/steelhead, no action and no sign of fish...cheers, roger

troutdude
troutdude
Billamicasr said:
plastic fantastic

My apologies for a quick hi-jack; but I just gotta know if that's a reference to "The Airplane"?

B
Billamicasr
Didn't even cross my mind when I wrote plastic fantastic but you are right troutdude I'm sure that's where it came from, subconscious help from the memory banks.

Thanks getsdwyz for the Webcam links more places to play when it's too cold for me to venture outside.

S
SailCat
troutdude said:
My apologies for a quick hi-jack; but I just gotta know if that's a reference to "The Airplane"?

I believe Jefferson Airplane might have used the phrase originally as "he's my plastic, fantastic lover."
Although I have no idea to what Gracie Slick might have been referring ....

troutdude
troutdude
SailCat said:
I believe Jefferson Airplane might have used the phrase originally as "he's my plastic, fantastic lover."
Although I have no idea to what Gracie Slick might have been referring ....

LOL...me either. ;)

My intro, to "acid rock", was Jefferson Airplane's LP "Bark". Good stuff, from a "fantastic" band.

We now return you, to your regularly scheduled programming...