Siletz steelhead report (few weeks old)

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
A few weeks ago I was camping at Moonshine with my fiancé and her family. My father-in-laws coworker showed up and asked if I wanted to go fishing. I didn't have my license at the time so I volunteered to be camera man. We made our way up the Gorge and first stop at the Bathtub Hole we spotted a fish! Maybe 15 casts later he put a sandshrimp and bead perfectly in front of the fish and fish on!
Ended up being a nice chrome hen!
It was the only one he landed that day but we met up with another local who caught a nice buck with River colors

• photo30659.jpg
Reactions: Admin
troutdude
troutdude
Almost looks like, a blueback!

C_Run
C_Run
That's cool. I have been going up there in the winter maybe two or three times a year for the last five years or so, since I have been on this forum, but never tried for summers. I don't know the names of the holes the way the locals do but I know the lay of the land quite well now, at least the first few miles above Moonshine. It's my favorite place to go.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
C_Run its a great summer steelhead and blueback river. Also has fall and spring chinook as well as fall coho. I may be a little biased but I think it's the best coastal River in the state, unless you count the Columbia as a coastal river

S
Steelheader4Life
Nice fish! I camped over there the last week of July and I hooked and lost one a spinner in that same hole. Then I walked down a little ways and hooked up again, this time on a bobber and jig and bonked a big ole 9lb buck. It was absolutely delicious on the bbq that night :)

T
troutmasta
Ive been running the Siletz trap for ODFW this summer. At our peak we were getting 100 clipped fish per day in addition to many nates, springers and summers.

Its a great river and that is a beautiful fish.

troutdude that would be an amazing cuttie

C_Run the summer run dwarfs the winter run. If you get out mid July you will quite often hook up.

SiletzTroutKiller is a strong system however I'd put a few Tillimook system rivers against it any day...but maybe Im biased as well ;)

Steelheader4Life its HOT in july. Tight lines

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
troutmasta let me know if you want to team up and try to land some Bluebacks if you're in the area!

troutdude
troutdude
Casting Call
Casting Call
greetings tm! Spoke to Christine on 8/16/2016 at a ODFW meeting. Do you need any help at the trap? Tony