Siletz report 10/3

T
TimberTodd
My son-in-law and I arrived at the mouth and were fishing about 7am. The only action on the water were the seals & sealions. I had the pleasure to meet fellow OFF members Monty and Dun. We chucked spinners till noon with no success today. We saw 2 fish picked up by the small smattering of boats and a guy picked up a nice chinook about 15lbs below us. All 3 fish were caught around 11:30. The attached picture is of the days recipient of the GOLDEN JACKWAGON award. This guy came cruising through everyone's casting water headed to the mouth at the bottom end of low tide. He proceeded to get stuck in front of the guys below us. After throwing a good roostertail and churning up the hole he charged back up river through our casting lane again, only to high center himself. When we left he had been there for over an hour. The sheriff in his boat checked that he was okay and told him he had about another 2 hour wait. There was a whole lot of "serves you right" thrown his way by the bankies. The 25lb dog in the picture gives you an idea of how shallow that area is. A couple of guide boats came through the area we were fishing, but they were courteous and slow motored to keep the wake and disturbance down. I do not make it a point to laugh at someones misfortune, but in this instance it seemed he was given a dose of karma.
IMG_0004.jpgIMG_0002.jpg

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
:lol:

H
Hunterxtreme
Looks like the idiot that almost rear ended me yesterday morning while I was trolling, then buzzed by me within about four feet beside me! I said "really? You could have throttled back and went way around me, jackass! ".

troutdude
troutdude
What a tool. Glad he got stuck!

P.S. I just HAD to steal your pics, and share them on Facebook.

Last edited:
C_Run
C_Run
Was this you guys right next to us? Grounded boat in background.

r62elhU.jpg

I did get to meet montym who had caught a perch which was more than most everyone else out there that day. We moved on to the Nestucca and fished three hours in the afternoon. Only saw a few fish at the ramp and today was very slow there. Not one bite for us.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna look you right in the face
Better get yourself together
Join the human race!....J. Lennon

Chromatose
Chromatose
Least wise you got to go wet a line. Do a little socializing and watch a Comedy show to boot....................:thumb:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Unfortunately, he's the type of bonehead that will probably not learn anything and will be back doing the same stupid thing. I'm glad no one was hurt.

T
TimberTodd
C_Run said:
Was this you guys right next to us? Grounded boat in background.
Yep, that sure looks like us C_Run. Sorry I didn't introduce myself.

C_Run
C_Run
TimberTodd said:
Yep, that sure looks like us C_Run. Sorry I didn't introduce myself.

I recognized Monty but forgot what you said about your description and was too shy to run up and down the beach asking everyone "are you Todd? "

Boy, I guess we missed the drama with the boat. When we got there he was still trying to gun it to no avail and everyone said he'd be there awhile which he was.

T
TimberTodd
C_Run said:
I recognized Monty but forgot what you said about your description and was too shy to run up and down the beach asking everyone "are you Todd? "

I can relate. A few years back during trout season Troutdude was fishing Hagg on a day I was there. I walked down to where I thought he was ( his car was parked there) and asked a couple of guys if one of them was him. They looked at me like I had horns or something. I walked away feeling like a bonehead.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
rogerdodger said:
Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna look you right in the face
Better get yourself together
Join the human race!....J. Lennon
Beat me to it!

T
twout
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444115646.283858.jpg
Trolling herring.