Siletz Moonshine to Twin Bridges.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Floated today and landed a nice native hen in fast water. Whew fish on! Chromer too. :cool:

K
Kodiak
Nice!

Nice!

I'm starting to get alittle jealous. I don't get much time out anymore, when I do it's trained seals and brutaly attacked by trees.

F
Fishtopher
From the sounds of things its pretty hot down there right now...nice job!:clap:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Love the Siletz

Love the Siletz

Congratulations,GZ! I love that river! No, I haven't gotten steel out of it..yet ;) . BTW,where the heck do you put a good sized fish on your 'toon? I saw a guy hauling a cooler behind him in a raft last year. That can't be the best way,can it? :confused:
Way to go,GraphiteZen! Be safe.
Barb

A
ArcticAmoeba
I tie all of my fish to the rack in the rear, or to my motor mounts on the 'ol toon. It is the same rope I use to tie to my pack, and drag three 'hosers up the creek, and up the 3/4 mile of trails on the march back to the cars.

Fishtopher, I have yet to be skunked for retainer fish on coastal streams this year targeting Steelhead. It has been slow, but very, very consistent.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Hawk I don't think they would like you motoring around the river in one of those :lol::lol:

Raincatcher, I used to have an insulated box under my seat but I got a new toon so I have been using what is called a dry bag (a kayaking thing) to scoop up some of the ice cold river water, put the fish in it, close it up (it's water tight) and throw it in the cargo bag of my toon . Works pretty good so far.

AA stop bragging. This is MY thread! :lol::lol: But really, I claim to be a steelheader when in reality I have very minimal experience. Some day I too will be un-skunkable!

A
ArcticAmoeba
Haha, your still killin 'em man. Not too many guys are getting into more than a dozen fish a year out there, and they fish three days a week! And the coastal streams I fish are not the ones that get pressured heavily. It is nice, but it does take some finesse in them for sure.

C
Catch n' Release
I think I saw you...

I think I saw you...

My Brother in law came down from Spokane to fish the Siletz with his wife. We were up near the falls when you floated through. We fished for 3 days on the Alsea and Siletz but didn't have any luck. Great fun out on the rivers though.

I'm not gonna lie, made me think seriously about getting a 'toon. Which one do you have?

B
bigdog
GraphiteZen said:
Floated today and landed a nice native hen in fast water. Whew fish on! Chromer too. :cool:

Hey why do you have to come on here talking about the hot spots now all the people are going to go there and fill the banks thats my fishing hole no one can go there.

Oh opps sorry wrong site :lol: nice job brother GZ always great to hear about people getting in to the fish. Thats what keeps me going out every weekend even if I haven't got in to any fish yet. Mines is coming believe that I'll get my fishies the fish gods owe me :lol:

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Catch n' Release said:
My Brother in law came down from Spokane to fish the Siletz with his wife. We were up near the falls when you floated through. We fished for 3 days on the Alsea and Siletz but didn't have any luck. Great fun out on the rivers though.

I'm not gonna lie, made me think seriously about getting a 'toon. Which one do you have?

Hey no kidding?! You were on the rocks at moonshine right?

Yeah, toons are great fun. I have a 10' Outcast. I used to have a 9' Fishcat that worked just as well but I didn't take very good care of the steel frame and it rusted out after I drilled too many holes in it :rolleyes:... It was a great toon for I guess about 7 years or so. I bought the larger one to make it a little safer on larger water. Shop around there are some good ones being made.

Welcome to the forum BTW!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
bigdog said:
Hey why do you have to come on here talking about the hot spots now all the people are going to go there and fill the banks thats my fishing hole no one can go there.

Oh opps sorry wrong site :lol: nice job brother GZ always great to hear about people getting in to the fish. Thats what keeps me going out every weekend even if I haven't got in to any fish yet. Mines is coming believe that I'll get my fishies the fish gods owe me :lol:

:D:D "Everyone" surly wouldn't be the crowd that had 28 trailers parked at Moonshine by 5:30 AM the last time the fishing was hot... Man just imagine the people that know about it now!!!!!! :shock:

As for the fishing, rain, rain ,rain!!! But maybe stay away from Moonshine. :cool:

Last edited:
B
bigdog
GraphiteZen said:
:D:D "Everyone" surly wouldn't be the crowd that had 28 trailers parked at Moonshine by 5:30 AM the last time the fishing was hot... Man just imagine the people that know about it now!!!!!! :shock:

As for the fishing, rain, rain ,rain!!! But maybe stay away from Moonshine. :cool:

Yeah I'm hopping something helps the fish make it up this way by this weekend but I'm not holding breath lol

C
Catch n' Release
Yeah, that was us. It was only my second time fishing for Steelies. Go the bug bad now!

My Inlaws live about 10 min from the mouth of the Siletz/Drift Creek. I have always enjoyed fishing throughout my life. I figure it pretty much is a crime to live here and not fish.

Just put together my first fly rod and have a trip planned to fish the Metolius over spring.

B
bir48die
If I was fishing Coyote Rock to the bay this weekend, what would you all suggest I run for rigging?

K
Kodiak
herring

herring

not going to find much down there, use cut plug purple labels close to the bank...look for water 10-12 ft...good luck

I
Indifisher
Kodiak
I agree, Coyote Rock and below is prime Springer territory, but not great for Steel. If you don't mind telling, where do you figure the best stretch on the Siletz is for Winter Steel? I personally have only been as far up as Moonshine once. I try to stay between the town of Siletz and Morgan, but not much luck.