Siletz Gorge Weyerhauser update

SiletzTroutKiller

Luckily for me I have a friend who currently works for ODFW doing salmon surveys on the Trask, Siletz, and Siuslaw Rivers. He also used to work for Plum Creek. Today he told me that Weyco will NOT be charging permits to use the Siletz Gorge. They're keeping it the same as Plum Creek, open to hike in only during the week days and drive in weekends and fridays after 5:00pm. As you guys could guess us locals are pretty pleased with this now if only they'll keep all the timber lands open.

C_Run

Great news! I didn't go up at all this year. $300 for the privilege was not worth it. I'd only go up a couple of times a year anyway but had some notable successes from time to time.

Orgwayne

Gee thats great to hear , Did not go up there at all last year !, Like they the money , good for them to see the light
Wayne

BaldTexan

Thanks for the update! Great news. I was hoping to fish it a couple of times this summer just for a change of scenery.

Casting Call

BaldTexan;n604085 said:
Thanks for the update! Great news. I was hoping to fish it a couple of times this summer just for a change of scenery.
I hope this doesn't turn out to be another"Gilbert River Closed" Siletz Gorge is evenmore remote than G.Rvr. Pack out more than you pack in and report any poachers. Tony:whs: