Siletz driftin

C
chillfish420
Im driftin down the Siletz for the first time this weekend hopin to catch some steelies... anyone have any advice for me? any help would be appreciated

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to the family...

Welcome to the family...

chillfish420 said:
Im driftin down the Siletz for the first time this weekend hopin to catch some steelies... anyone have any advice for me? any help would be appreciated

chillfish420;
Welcome to the forum. We have plenty of members from your area to give you good advice on the Siletz. I am an expert Grandma,a decent cook and not a bad Uno player. Not an expert on the Siletz,nor drifting! Just wanted to extend a welcome and tell you to keep checking back for a response. Sometimes we get a bit busy and don't post right away. Again,welcome aboard! :D

T
Throbbit _Shane
Ill play uno with you Barb. Probably would kick my butt, its been years since iv played

Welcome to the forum buddy!!!

C
chillfish420
thanks for the hospitality you guys... its always nice to have someone to discuss diffent techniques and things of that sort with.

B
BlackBass
Looks like the river will be around 4.5 ft i would launch at twin bridges and take out either in town or after the town loop drift. You can cover that water in about 5 hours fishing it fairly well. I would side drift or bobber dog the long stretches. I would anchor up for lunch and run some plugs out the back . I would also bobber and jig/bait fish any good looking runs. Good luck and be safe.

Dont launch at moonshine below 5 ' , and i would not try it above 5' unless you know what your doing on the sticks. A guy lost his boat last weekend on that run, apparently he had ran that stretch dozens of times before he sank the boat with three guys in it.

Last edited:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Where did he lose it at?

C
chillfish420
well we fished all day yesterday and got no steelies but we caught probably 10 or 15 trout. only saw one other boat that had a fish and they let out farther upstream. but oh well it was a good day of fishin.