Showdown at dead kitty pond!!

F
Finneus Polebender
After having my butt handed to me last night , and the recent improvement in the weather , I did what any good fisherman would ! I licked my wounds ,sharpened my hooks and back to the bad side of town I went to settle a score with the two thugs whod slapped me around the previous night.The sun felt good almost too good had worked up a sweat just hiking in. Set up the toon and in I slid imediatly started workin the cover , gettin a feel for the wind my bait takin plenty of practice casts to prepare for the one that made me cry yesterday. Wanted to make sure the cast into his house was on target the first time! Started gettin closer to the spot when there it was on the practice cast doink ,doink ........I layed into it set the hook and this time shook the dejavu and landed a nice 2+ lber. took a break and prepared to go pester the thugs who spanked me yesterday. Well Hit both hangouts either still to sore lipped or not at home or fool me twice or sumthin.TT the big one is still there for ya. Fished for another 20 min or so and there it was not what I like to see for cover but quite abundant at what is probably the worst trashed out pond in lane co possibly Oregon the hottub cover w/ bike dock !!! Just like Mike Iconnely I pitched my bait up under the hobo dock. and sho nuff doink , doink .......Fwap set the hook no monster but another nice LM. fished another 30 min or so and split . didn't get back at those 2 that imbarrassed me yesterday ,but went 2 for 2 slappin a couple of their buddies around. If it werent for the junkyard / Transient aura not a bad place to fish.definitely Urban fishin worthy!!!

E
everett464
I don't know the vernacular. Where/what is Dead Kitty Pond?

F
Finneus Polebender
everett464 said:
I don't know the vernacular. Where/what is Dead Kitty Pond?

I will be honest It is a name given to and I am not joking the most trashed out , polluted, unsavory character filled =dangerous little pond in eugene use to have good access hence now the literal landfill so it has been blocked from vehicles must hike in .Little to no bank access and trust me you do not want to roam the banks of this place ,had some strange company today!. Will tell ya but I wont post it because of those who wouldnt heed the formentioned warning the place is that sketchy. PM me

T
tomriker
what are you using these days to catch em? seems like i am not having a lot of luck with what i usualy use

T
TTFishon
Great job!! I guess I should've went with ya today. I'll explain why I didn't later. I think it's funny that you call it Dead Kitty Pond just because I too found a pillow case full of kittens there once when I was a kid. Maybe we can hit it up this weekend and try a couple of other nearby water too.

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
what are you using these days to catch em? seems like i am not having a lot of luck with what i usualy use

Gamakatsu 3/0 hook w/a berkley power worm pumkin green 7" Texas rigged no weight. This thread is a carry over from new to bass fishin thread .Tryin to throw Kais a couple bones!

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
Great job!! I guess I should've went with ya today. I'll explain why I didn't later. I think it's funny that you call it Dead Kitty Pond just because I too found a pillow case full of kittens there once when I was a kid. Maybe we can hit it up this weekend and try a couple of other nearby water too.

There is a big pissed off one who awaits !!!!!

Last edited:
N
nwkiller
awesome man, beautiful fish!!!!!!

D
Drice
Good to see some local fish pics from you finally this year. The weather was nice today I got to enjoy it in other ways but I would have rather been fishing with it so warm out but maybe it was a good thing cause I still gots a good burn from the other day.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish FP! I hear you about the bank spots at some of the ponds in town not being a place to pring the faimily for a picnic. My other half just switched work schedules so i no no longer have to try to fit her in to my weekend plan. the bummer is i don't get the jeep unless i want to be on a time limit. good news if if you guys have an open seat i have some bass gear collecting dust and a boat if you wanted to tow it somewhere. maybe like dorena or cg? or i think you mentioned an extra toon? get at me if you want to do somefishing with this good weather.

F
Finneus Polebender
Thuggin4Life said:
Nice fish FP! I hear you about the bank spots at some of the ponds in town not being a place to pring the faimily for a picnic. My other half just switched work schedules so i no no longer have to try to fit her in to my weekend plan. the bummer is i don't get the jeep unless i want to be on a time limit. good news if if you guys have an open seat i have some bass gear collecting dust and a boat if you wanted to tow it somewhere. maybe like dorena or cg? or i think you mentioned an extra toon? get at me if you want to do somefishing with this good weather.
Yes my friend it is that time !!!! pm me your # will keep buggin ya till we fish eves are good as you can see can keep it local too will come get ya.

F
Finneus Polebender
Drice said:
Good to see some local fish pics from you finally this year. The weather was nice today I got to enjoy it in other ways but I would have rather been fishing with it so warm out but maybe it was a good thing cause I still gots a good burn from the other day.

Actually have posted 2 nice ones from here prior 1 from delta 1 from well here . Polebender in long sleeves today tryin to stay in shade still sore from last sat too!!!!

M
Markcanby
They are bass they will eat anything!:rolleyes: I got one Sat on a float.:lol: No I mean realy!:shock: I was crappie fishing an it tried to eat my slide bobber an it pulled the jig into the underside of its mouth.:lol::lol:

F
Finneus Polebender
Markcanby said:
They are bass they will eat anything!:rolleyes: I got one Sat on a float.:lol: No I mean realy!:shock: I was crappie fishing an it tried to eat my slide bobber an it pulled the jig into the underside of its mouth.:lol::lol:

Would not want to be anything small in a bass pond!!!!!

H
Hawk
Bro you did reel good.
Great Job.

Yesterday was a Beautiful Day.
Beautiful Bass.
:D:D:D
:clap::clap::clap:
:cool::cool:

C
Cohosanders
Nice looking bass!!!!!

B
Bass Ackwards
Nice fish

O
OnTheFly
Finneus.. I reallize you had a personal vendetta towards those two bass that mugged you but I really think you should consider staying away from the dark side of town and cast your interests towards higher standards (waterways) from now on.:lol: That water was gross and your discription of it was too nice.:lol: Nice looking fish though.:cool:

F
Finneus Polebender
OnTheFly said:
Finneus.. I reallize you had a personal vendetta towards those two bass that mugged you but I really think you should consider staying away from the dark side of town and cast your interests towards higher standards (waterways) from now on.:lol: That water was gross and your discription of it was too nice.:lol: Nice looking fish though.:cool:

I tried to warn ya all !This bass hound aint scared of much and thankfully had much better surroundings to fish this weekend . The only thing that lead me back was childhood knowledge and the fact 3/4 of it are inaccessible exept by boat . We have always done good there in those spots , and its right here . Place is not for most!

K
Kais
Thanks