Shout out to Red's Fly Shop

S
Spydeyrch
I just wanted to give a shout out to Red's Fly Shop. They are located in Ellensburg, WA on the Yakima River.

They have been the best shop that I have had the pleassure of interacting with. For the past several weeks, I have been emailing and calling them with questions left and right about steelhead, fishing for them, the gear, prices, comparisons, setups, etc. They have been phenomenal in responding back to multiple emails in a single day on the same day or the next day (other shops took days to respond to a single email. One particular one took 2 weeks!), going into detail, offering suggestions and comparisons. Craig especially was great at being patient with all my detailed and lengthy emails, hahahahahaha.

After all that, I ended up buying a few different setups from them. Craig was great at making recommendations for and against different aspects of the setups.

I am giving my recommendation for them. If you would like to have outstanding customer service, great products, and a wonderful vendor customer relationship, I highly suggest you give Red's Fly Shop a swing by or send them an email with any and all your questions.

I have visited a number of different fly shops here in the Beaverton/Portland/Maupin/Sisters/Bend area and wasn't really satisfied with their level of detail. I felt like they were missing something that made me want to go back again. I can't say exactly what that "something" is, but they didn't have it. I left those shops feeling not very impressed and that it wasn't worth it for me to go there again. There have been only 2 shops, now 3, where I have ever gotten that "tingle" in the back of my neck upon walking in and a desire to go back again once I have left. They are: Kauffman's Streamborn (now closed, so sad, :(), The Fly Shop in Welches, and now Red's in Ellen'sburg. Out of those 3, I have enjoyed Red's the most! And I haven't even been in the shop yet!!! (that is how awesome they are!!) .... but very soon. :D :pray:

Give them a call or shoot them an email and see what they can do for you. They have been awesome and all I can do is give them praise.

If you want quality service second to none, an outstandingly vast knowledge base covering multiple topics, great products, amazing prices, and above all establish a lasting relationship as a basis for future interactions, go to Red's, You won't be disappointed. :D

Take care.

-Spydey

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Sounds like the perfect place for the experienced as well as the beginner. Thanks for sharing,Spydey!

E
eggs
Yea I have had limited but pleasant interactions with them as well. :clap:

T
TimberTodd
Thanks for your report Spydey.

H
halibuthitman
If you miss Kaufmans, come on over, I have most of the place in my garage...! I will second your recommendation, they are a very good house for booking guides as well-

O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
If you miss Kaufmans, come on over, I have most of the place in my garage...! I will second your recommendation, they are a very good house for booking guides as well-
Cool! You don't by chance have a spare spool for a Ross Cimmaron 3 do you?

S
Spydeyrch
halibuthitman said:

Dude, you should open your own fly shop in your garage!!! Kind of reminds me of when I was a climbing bum and would setup rope and climbing courses in my parents garage ..... hahahahaha!!!

-Spydey

H
halibuthitman
OnTheFly said:
Cool! You don't by chance have a spare spool for a Ross Cimmaron 3 do you?

Does Rose Kennedy have a black dress?.... Need any flies?

O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
Need any flies?
Does it take two people to argue?