Short notice advice

V
Vectorpete
Hey all, got the word I have the day off and want to wet a line and get away from people. Anyone know if there are any steelhead in the John Day right now? Where else to go? Or......anyone been ice fishing?

Troutski
Troutski
Where...

Where...

Vectorpete said:
Hey all, got the word I have the day off and want to wet a line and get away from people. Anyone know if there are any steelhead in the John Day right now? Where else to go? Or......anyone been ice fishing?

What location ? Any preferences ?

Chuck

V
Vectorpete
would prefer to go to the John Day if there are fish in there, but I'm open to ideas

V
Vectorpete
Would prefer anywhere where I can fly fish or ice fish. Like the John Day because there usually aren't too many people. However, I got skunked last time I was there.

Troutski
Troutski
Members?

Members?

Vectorpete said:
would prefer to go to the John Day if there are fish in there, but I'm open to ideas

Outside my yard, maybe one of our closer members will have news for you; if you ever get into the southern Willamette Valley towards the confluence of the McKenzie...let me know. The Middle Fork of the Willamette is rather wonderful this time of year...tight lines

Chuck

V
Vectorpete
I could try the middle fork. You looking to go? Is it too late today? Trout or Steelhead?

V
Vectorpete
Thanks, I read that too. Ended up trying the Hood with no success and ran out of time to really fish it well. Thanks again for the replies.