Shorebound Columbia River salmon fishing spots

B
Bald old man
When I was a kid back in the 50's and early 60's we used to salmon fish off the shore at Prescott long before anyone ever heard of a nuclear power plant. While I had a boat for a number of years I had to give it up about 27 years ago. Now I have no idea where to fish off the bank any more. I can't find spinin'-glo's or pyramid weights at bi mart either. (I do have Brads and Simon spinners as well as flatfish/wobblers.)
Where on the Columbia river between about Troutdale and say St Johns are there places to fish for salmon? And where can I find pyramid weights?
I looked at Chinook landing but I'm sure I can't throw my line that far out. I hope someone can help. :)

S
sapo
Welcome to the forum! Fisherman's marine and outdoor has all the stuff you're looking for. As far as bank fishing on the Columbia, I think there are a few spots near Bonneville that people like to fish at, can't remember the names, a little research should do the trick. Where are you located?

B
Bald old man
sapo said:
Welcome to the forum! Fisherman's marine and outdoor has all the stuff you're looking for. As far as bank fishing on the Columbia, I think there are a few spots near Bonneville that people like to fish at, can't remember the names, a little research should do the trick. Where are you located?

I'm in Portland which is why I was looking for spots between Troutdale and around St Johns.

C
cdat
While I've never actually fished there, I've seen plenty of folks fishing off the banks on the Columbia side of Sauvie Island. That is a little further than St Johns, but not by much. Good luck
John

J
Jordy
You arent going to find any spits in that stretch without a boat to acess the islands people like to fish off of. Sauvies island has some spots, and then further into scappoose there are more spots. Google earth is a good tool.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

B
Bald old man
Jordy said:
You arent going to find any spits in that stretch without a boat to acess the islands people like to fish off of. Sauvies island has some spots, and then further into scappoose there are more spots. Google earth is a good tool.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses and info.
I had hoped there would be spots around Troutdale, along Marine drive or perhaps Kelly Point but it appears not.
So I'm guessing these are my viable options?