Shore fishing near Eugene?

T
Tyman729
I'm a newbie so be patient with me lol. My father in law was talking about Kokanee in Odell lake, but he doesn't want to drive up there anytime soon....... But says how he wants to catch some(he is a grumpy *******). Any place close to Eugene that we may find some?

T
TTFishon
Triangle lake.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Kokanee are spawning right now...I think you would be better OFF bank fishing for Searun Cutthroats, they should be up high in several rivers now...cheers, roger

troutdude
troutdude
Yeah, not the right time for Kokes. Plus you really need a boat, to get to 'em. Triangle, as TT suggested, is the closest. There's also Green Peter to the north.

T
Tyman729
Where would I have target some cuttthroats near Eugene? I'm a broke college student and not a very good fishermen.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Tyman729 said:
Where would I have target some cuttthroats near Eugene? I'm a broke college student and not a very good fishermen.

scratch that, my bad, trout on most streams/rivers close after today, most lakes are open all year. Not sure what your best bet is until next Feb when they start dumping hatchery trout in the coastal lakes.

hobster
hobster
Tyman729 said:

The lower Mckenzie river is open for trout all year from the mouth to Leaburg dam, most of it is limited to flies and lures (maybe all) and ALL is catch and release right now. There are some nice cutties in the lower river.

troutdude
troutdude
Alton Baker Canal, is open year round. It was just stocked, last week, with hatchery rainbows. It is also a stream where, 2 rods are legal (with the additional two-rod license). Thomas Buoyant spoons, or Rooster Tails, quickly retrieved would be a good bet. Berkley Power Eggs, OFF the bottom also a good choice.

Row River, is also open year round--but artificial flies/lures only; and catch and release only.

Long Tom River...same as Row River regs.

And the same for the Middle Fork, and Coast Fork, of the Willamette.

That's all that, I can think of. Otherwise, it's lake fishing only.

Last edited: