Sheridan Pond

S

Shallowbay

Went out to Sheridan yesterday. Caught one fish off char powerbait. Got bites on char & pink power eggs, and orange powerbait. It was crazy busy! At the height of it, I counted 21 cars in the lot. Lot's of cars coming down and then turning back around and leaving due to the over crowding I'm sure. Not sure if it was because it was a nice day or it supposed to be stocked and people were waiting for the truck. Either way ... not too bad of a trip overall.

T

Throbbit _Shane

Nice day at the pond :) other then all those people lol.

troutdude

troutdude

Hey Shallow...

Next time you hit Sheridan, try one Spring Green and one Orange Power Egg on a size 8 or 6 bait hook. And, dab a little Berkly trout scent on them. I could not keep the fish off my hooks last year out there, with that set up!

S

Shallowbay

I'll definitely try that. I have the Berkely trout scent already. I'm actually heading out there tomorrow. After my trip to Dicks that is! Thanks troutdude!!!

troutdude

troutdude

It was stocked yesterday.

You're welcome and good luck.

Oh yeah...one more trick (if you don't already do it)...leave slack in your line. Then, when you're line tightens, set the hook and--FISH ON!

P.S. Let me know how you like the Power Eggs. And, be sure to get Spring Green (not chartreuse).

N

nimzrock

If it has been freshly stocked and the fish are slow to bite, throw every spinner you have at them. I was there last year the day after stocking and it was slow . I started throwing spinners and bam, almost a fish per cast !

troutdude

troutdude

My plan is to dunk one rig loaded with Green and Orange Power Eggs.

Then, I'll start tossing spinners and wobblers, and then flies, with the other rod--until I find what works best. But, thanks for the tip.

S

Shallowbay

Awesome morning!!!!!

Awesome morning!!!!!

Went back out to Sheridan for 3 hours today. The bite was on!!! Caught 3 fish, 6 bites. First was a 12 1/2" off of char and orange power egg combo with Berkley trout scent. The second was a beast ... about 17" (my personal best to date) off of Spring Green Power bait with Berkley trout scent and the third was a 10" off of Spring Green Powerbait with Berkley trout scent. They all went back in the water after the self pics I snapped although I gave the 12 1/2" to a guy down the way from me, because after I put him in the water several times and tried to nurse him back, he kept floating belly up and then eventually died. I catch and release, but it would be dumb to let a nice fish go to waste when I can give it to someone who keeps them.

I'd probably still be out there if it hadn't gotten so crowded. I counted 35 people when I left.

Thanks to troutdude for the color and bait suggestions. Although I wasn't able to get the exact items he suggested, I was able to color match with other stuff and it worked like a champ. You the man!

troutdude

troutdude

Went back out to Sheridan for 3 hours today. The bite was on!!! Caught 3 fish, 6 bites. First was a 12 1/2" off of char and orange power egg combo with Berkley trout scent. The second was a beast ... about 17" (my personal best to date) off of Spring Green Power bait with Berkley trout scent and the third was a 10" off of Spring Green Powerbait with Berkley trout scent. They all went back in the water after the self pics I snapped although I gave the 12 1/2" to a guy down the way from me, because after I put him in the water several times and tried to nurse him back, he kept floating belly up and then eventually died. I catch and release, but it would be dumb to let a nice fish go to waste when I can give it to someone who keeps them.

I'd probably still be out there if it hadn't gotten so crowded. I counted 35 people when I left.

Thanks to troutdude for the color and bait suggestions. Although I wasn't able to get the exact items he suggested, I was able to color match with other stuff and it worked like a champ. You the man!

Thanks for the report! I'm hoping to go tomorrow.

And, congratulations my friend. I just knew that combo would work for ya. Last month at Olalla Reservoir, near Toledo, I brought home a stinger with the following 'bows:

1 - 15"
2 - 16"
2 - 17"

I also have some Spring Green and also Orange Berkley's "Trout Jelly". I'm not sure that they make it anymore. But, what I do is thread on the green & orange Power Eggs. Then dab a little jelly on the eggs. Then, run a little Trout Scent over that. It is the deadliest conncoction that I've ever come up with!

Again, congrats. My only regret, is that I wasn't out there. And, I had a hunch that they would be bigger than the 14" "pounders" that they said would be planted.

O

Outdoor_Myers

Anyone going tomorrow around 2ish? I might stop at willimina for an hour or so depending on how crowded?

troutdude

troutdude

I'm planning to be at Sheridan around 2 or 3. Hopefully, we won't be crowded out.

I want to catch a 17" 1 2 !

Top Bottom