Sheridan Pond Fishing

F
Fleadog
I gotta go to the Sheridan pond for the Cub Scout fishing deal with the kids. Any ideas on what kinda bait the Pellet Heads(excellent term by the way) will be willing to bite? We never fish for mush trout but I think I have some Power Bait I bought a few years ago for Battle Lake, how long will that junk keep? I would like the kids to catch a couple, how about my compost pile worms?

H
Hawk
Pileworms live in ocean saltwater sandy sloughs (seaweed). Is that what you have ?

fish love them........................:D:D

nitecrawlers are good tooo

F
Fleadog
Pileworms

Pileworms

Caught many a fish in Frisco Bay with those pileworms you speak of. Free Worms it is, Gracias dude.

Troutski
Troutski
Expriration date..

Expriration date..

Fleadog said:
I gotta go to the Sheridan pond for the Cub Scout fishing deal with the kids. Any ideas on what kinda bait the Pellet Heads(excellent term by the way) will be willing to bite? We never fish for mush trout but I think I have some Power Bait I bought a few years ago for Battle Lake, how long will that junk keep? I would like the kids to catch a couple, how about my compost pile worms?

I think the expiration for Power Bait is like a Twinky...there is not one :think:

A small gold single hook with a red salmon egg should keep the kids smiling, actually the gold hook will actually work - but where is the fun in that;)

Chuck

H
Hawk
i've had som twinkies that got pretty hard Bro..............................:lol::lol::lol:

A
Anyfishisfine
Fleadog, where is Sheridan pond? I grew up in Sheridan and never heard of it.

Given that you live in Sheridan, you know it's the kind of place you assume you know everything about. It just isn't that big.

F
FishSchooler
Powerbait doesn't work after a year. It would be as hard/flaky as cereal. It dont smell either.

C
capblack
powerbait lasts forever

powerbait lasts forever

Ive got powerbait that is probably close to ten years old. I can't speak of its effectiveness, since I hardly ever use the stuff. but its as soft and smelly as the new stuff. Still stays on the hook fine. I prefer the power bait eggs. Get a couple colors and use the one they are biting. Stays on the hook better and isn't as messy. Brian

F
Fleadog
Sheridan Pond

Sheridan Pond

anyfishisfine, I have lived here about three years, and never fish it. It is however next to FCI Sheridan(prison). I hate pond fishing(unless the Crappie are spawning at the donkey ponds in Dayton) and always fish the little river. We did end up going and not catching anything, my son is used to chucking hardware in the river and I guess has no patience for pond fishing. I could not get him to leave his line in the water longer than about a minute, but he is only six and used to catching usually a Cut pretty much right away.