Shady Cove for Steelhead

J
jon442
In early March this year I'll be staying at a Rogue riverfront home in Shady Cove. I'll want to do some bank fishing from the property for Winter Steelhead. What reel and rod combos using bait cast and/or spinning tackle do you recommend?

Also, any lures do you recommend for either the bait casing or spinning tackle combos.

Any and all additional advice is appreciated. Thanks!

B
boberdown
fishing rod

fishing rod

jon442 said:
In early March this year I'll be staying at a Rogue riverfront home in Shady Cove. I'll want to do some bank fishing from the property for Winter Steelhead. What reel and rod combos using bait cast and/or spinning tackle do you recommend?

Also, any lures do you recommend for either the bait casing or spinning tackle combos.

Any and all additional advice is appreciated. Thanks!

i have a buitiful bait casting rod, its a limaglas 1000 series 8 to 12 lb for 50.00 if you want to buy it!

Last edited:
M
Mad dog
If you are not catching fish at the property, be sure to drive upriver, the fishing from Casey state park to the hatchery hole can be really good in march.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Im gonna start fishing the upper rogue realll soon. So check out any future threads i make :D

K
kfallscody
I too plan on putting in some time on the Rogue, starting in the next month or so. I will be eagerly watching for threads on fishing up there :)

F
FishAssassin
boberdown said:
i have a buitiful bait casting rod, its a limaglas 1000 series 8 to 12 lb for 50.00 if you want to buy it! boberdown44@yahoo.com let me know thanks

More details please.

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
Mad dog said:
If you are not catching fish at the property, be sure to drive upriver, the fishing from Casey state park to the hatchery hole can be really good in march.
yep .

S
steelhead_stalkers
There are lots of fish in the Grants Pass area! They will be up there soon. :)

S
simpsoti
Talked to my buddy back home (GP), they went out and hooked into 6 fish between the 3 of them. Eggs and a pink corkie. Funny though, he said they did not get a bite all morning then the fishing got hot around 1 or so. Not sure where they were exactly but on the rogue in the Merlin area.