Shad rumors on the Umpqua

T
the_intimidator03
I have heard that the shad on the Umpqua are doing quite well at the moment. I will have to pay it a visit myself and either dispell this mythical rumor or confirm it. Just figured a quick heads up

E
eat, sleep, fish
I've heard of them being caught at Sawyers Rapid for about the last month. Good luck when you go.

T
TimberTodd
My brother has been catching them outside of Elkton heading towards Sutherlin.

J
JeannaJigs
How late do these things run? Doing a smallie trip next month, wondering if there will still be shad around?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

T
the_intimidator03
the run typically ends by fathers day IIRC. I think im going to head out here in a few for some. Turkey's pissing me off LOL

T
the_intimidator03
Well the fishing was pretty decent. Seems like this time they are a bit more suspended rather than bouncing the jigs off the bottom.

F
fishnets
Anyone still chasing shad? Where at? I want to learn this fishery on the Umpqua, I know the basics (school hole, yellow creek, etc) but want to take the drift boat out for them and need to know where to go. What should I look for? Thanks!

R
rippin fish lips
fishnets said:
Anyone still chasing shad? Where at? I want to learn this fishery on the Umpqua, I know the basics (school hole, yellow creek, etc) but want to take the drift boat out for them and need to know where to go. What should I look for? Thanks!

Try sawyers Rapids, or behind the School in elkton.