Shad fishing at Bonneville dam

K
kenjimua
Is it still too early to go fish for shad off the bank at bonneville dam? And can i bank fish for shad at oregon city

E
extex
You could probably catch a few at Bonneville, but it would be better to wait until the daily fish counts get above 20,000.

You can bank fish at Clackamette Park. It's not as good as Bonneville, but it's closer and you won't be shoulder to shoulder.

K
kenjimua
Coolios and thank you for the tip

K
Kardoctor
we where in Oregon city and that all we caught we shad at green bouy good luck

F
Fishpdx
Isn't Columbia river closed right now?

K
Kardoctor
closed for salmon but open for shad trout bass

bass
bass
COLUMBIA RIVER MAINSTEM, Tongue Point/Rocky Point line upstream to I-5 Bridge:

Effective May 16, 2016 – May 19, 2016 and May 23, 2016 – June 15, 2016, this section of the Columbia River is under permanent regulations including open to retention of hatchery jack Chinook (closed to retention of adult Chinook), hatchery steelhead, and shad (see 2016 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations).

Effective May 20, 2016 – May 22, 2016, this section of the Columbia River is open to retention of hatchery Chinook (adults and jacks), hatchery steelhead, and shad.

Daily bag limit is 2 adult salmon/steelhead in combination, of which only one may be an adult Chinook.
Up to 5 hatchery jacks may be retained in addition to the adult bag limit.

COLUMBIA RIVER MAINSTEM, I-5 Bridge upstream to Bonneville Dam:

Effective May 16, 2016 – May 19, 2016 and May 23, 2016 – June 15, 2016, this section of the Columbia River is under permanent regulations including open for shad, but closed to angling for Chinook (adults and jacks) and steelhead (see 2016 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations).

Effective May 20 2016 – May 22, 2016, the following areas of the Columbia River are open to retention of hatchery Chinook, hatchery steelhead, and shad for both boat and bank angling from the I-5 Bridge upstream to Beacon Rock and bank angling ONLY from Beacon Rock upstream to the Bonneville Dam deadline.

Daily bag limit is 2 adult salmon/steelhead in combination, of which only one may be an adult Chinook.

Up to 5 hatchery jacks may be retained in addition to the adult bag limit