Shad Fishing Results

T
Troutier Bassier
So I havent been out for shad today YET, im going to leave at around 12 so i just wanted to post this thread cause i know ALL OF YALL are heading out to catch some shad. I'm going to cascade locks. So see ya and Post your results on my thread as I will mine.
Good luck:dance::dance:

T
Troutier Bassier
Never mind!!!:mad:
NOW I can't GO FISHING CAUSE MY FRIEND IS NOT TAKING ME!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
NEVER AGAIN!

T
Troutier Bassier
Well I went to cascade locks cause my friend was just yanking my nuts, so we got there casted out and kept doing the usuual cascade locks technique, So then later my friend caught 1 and i hooked 3 and 1 KING CHINOOK!! Snapped mmy whole setup! So that was pretty much my day. Everyone around us caught 10000000

M
mgdguy
Troutier Bassier said:
my friend was just yanking my nuts

Ok I :lol: :lol: on that one, but remember there are ladies on this site too! :naughty:

;)

T
Troutier Bassier
Whatever.
My friend made that up. :lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
hoing again today!

hoing again today!

Going again today. be becak later with resutls

T
Troutier Bassier
Well today was a better day. We caught 13 shad in 6 hours. Started at boneviille and slow there. SAW SOME HUGGGEE STURGEON!!! See pic below.
Then caught the majority at cascade locks.

Last edited by a moderator:
P
plunkme
hahaha thats me in my shorts in the picture you should of took a picture of the shads i caught

F
FishSchooler
Bonneville is Better!

Bonneville is Better!

Where at bonneville were you?
Once I was there, the count was only 22000 that day, and I hooked 15 (lost 9 because my mom was is such a rush, she tied overhand knots on everything...) in 3 hours and I was out of jigheads so I had to use too big spinners and jigs.

M
mgdguy
FishSchooler said:
Where at bonneville were you?
Once I was there, the count was only 22000 that day, and I hooked 15 (lost 9 because my mom was is such a rush, she tied overhand knots on everything...) in 3 hours and I was out of jigheads so I had to use too big spinners and jigs.

Nice job Schooler!

I'm refraining from any "mommy ties my line" jokes ;) I will say that I think having someone tie your gear up is kinda like a soldier borrowing someone elses gun. Never go into battle with an 'unproven weapon'! :lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
Wow PlunkMe?!?!?!
Was that really you???
I left there cause of snags.
Those sturgeon took one of MY shad when I was reeling it in!

F
FishSchooler
mgdguy said:
Nice job Schooler!

I'm refraining from any "mommy ties my line" jokes ;) I will say that I think having someone tie your gear up is kinda like a soldier borrowing someone elses gun. Never go into battle with an 'unproven weapon'! :lol:

Well, we brought two rods and I was the only one fishing. She said to make it faster, when ever I broke off, she would tie it while I fished the other rod. I didn't notice the overhand knots, I just thought that the line was to thin.

P
plunkme
yup that was me and my cousin i was hitting fish left and right today landed atleast 10 and lost atleast 5 with 3 hrs, people around only caught like 3 though and was there for 3 hours count is in the 80,000 right now and that area was robin island. probably gonna hit up clackamette park if the count stays this high, bonnie is tooo far to keep on going to

T
Troutier Bassier
That was me and my friend! hahahaa
I'm going to cascade again on friday cause its the last day of school for me! Yay!
And ging there for the rest of the week and k=life. until I get bored with them and salmon start running or sturgeon fishing comes along.

F
FishSchooler
Clackamette was slooooow yesterday. I mean, nothing. Only a few boaters got a few, but bankies got nothing. Bonneville is much better. Since TB isn't sharing his NPM secrets with me, I aint telling him my shad secrets and spots. ;)

T
Troutier Bassier
Ha!

B
bir48die
Fished Willamette right across Meldrum and got nine Shad. No one else caught anything while we were there. Used chartreuse jig with same color grub.

F
FishSchooler
Where across meldrum? Like from a boat? That's good news though... but how long were you there?

F
FreshMoneyFisher
Where to fish for Shad from boat?

Where to fish for Shad from boat?

Hello,
I just purchased a little 12 foot Sears Tri Hull Gamefisher with motor. Pretty stable fishing platform with it being fairly small.

I'm very interested in targeting some Shad....and have researched a decent amount. One thing I haven't come across....where are some 'good' spots I might be able to take my little vessel and have a good shot at pulling in Shad all day?

Is it even worth getting the boat out, or would I have just the same chance while banking?

Just kind of fun being on the water when you've never had a boat.

Thanks dudes...

B
bir48die
Yes, fished from a boat at Meldrum. Didn't put in until 9:45 and fished for three hours and got our nine.

With Shad it's just hitting them when the schools pass by. So, you can get 2-3 in ten minutes and sit for a half hour.