Shad count 1

P
plunkme
Exactly what the title says, SHAD COUNT 1 at bonneville :D

K
Kodiak
Ahhh c'mon

Ahhh c'mon

springers aren't even done yet. Shad will make 'em all turn around and go back out! somebody needs to bonk that Shad and quick!

A
Anyfishisfine
Poor shad is going to find out being too early to a party is no way to find a date.

F
FishSchooler
Woo

Woo

YEAH! Wonder if someone caught it above the dam...

S
Seon
plunkme said:
Exactly what the title says, SHAD COUNT 1 at bonneville :D

Isn't the presence of Shad the begining of Sturgeon fishing?

That 1st Shad's is known as Juan.
And the others that follows are all Hamal.

So when you see Juan then you'll see Hamal :lol:

P
PDXKush
can't wait to run some Shadnook !!!! Just dont touch those slimy dirtyfish is what I've heard :)

F
FishSchooler
PDXKush said:
can't wait to run some Shadnook !!!! Just dont touch those slimy dirtyfish is what I've heard :)

Dont touch the bottom of them... :shock:

P
PDXKush
Ya my buddy said from line to bucket...and close top of bucket asap. lol

F
FishSchooler
PDXKush said:
Ya my buddy said from line to bucket...and close top of bucket asap. lol

You could cut a tree with one cause of their saw-blade underside. :shock:

P
PDXKush
Dang...I'll make sure to wear gloves

A
ArcticAmoeba
I dunno about one, I'm sure there are a ton of those big Herring in the River right now, but I would venture sa guess, and say that one was a mis-ID'd fish. It is hard to mis-identify a Shad form a ton of Salmonids, and garbage fish, but it is a much more common occurence than we think. The folks that work in the glass counter room are probably not all that excited to sort through what the computer ID system calls Shad, Chinook, Steelhead, Coho...Ect... They are here, but not schooling up in force yet. Someone head snagged one in the lower C sidedrifting Steelhead, according to some other forum.

F
FishSchooler
ArcticAmoeba said:
according to some other forum.

I bet it's a story... ;)

Which river do you think?

A
ArcticAmoeba
No story, I saw the picture. It was the Columbia. This happens almost every year though. Just before they come up river in sub-schools of 10-20,000, people who are fishin small corkie, and bait rigs will slap them in the face. And doing it on the Sidedrift only makes sense.