Severe weather watch today!

M
mgdguy
Be careful out there -

THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH UNTIL 9:00PM PDT
Issue Time: 2:04PM PDT, Thursday Jun 4, 2009
Valid Until: 9:00PM PDT, Thursday Jun 4, 2009
Back to summary

THE NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS ISSUED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH UNTIL 9:00PM PDT
Sel0 spc Ww 042055

Urgent - Immediate Broadcast Requested Severe Thunderstorm Watch Number 330 Nws Storm Prediction Center Norman OK 155 PM PDT Thu Jun 4 2009

The Nws Storm Prediction Center Has Issued A Severe Thunderstorm Watch For Portions Of

Northwestern Oregon

Effective This Thursday Afternoon And Evening From 155 PM Until 900 PM PDT.

Hail To 2 Inches In Diameter... Thunderstorm Wind Gusts To 70 Mph... And Dangerous Lightning Are Possible In These Areas.

The Severe Thunderstorm Watch Area Is Approximately Along And 45 Statute Miles East And West Of A Line From 10 Miles East Northeast Of Portland Oregon To 30 Miles South Southeast Of Eugene Oregon. For A Complete Depiction Of The Watch See The Associated Watch Outline Update (wous64 Kwns Wou0).

Remember... A Severe Thunderstorm Watch Means Conditions Are Favorable For Severe Thunderstorms In And Close To The Watch Area. Persons In These Areas Should Be On The Lookout For Threatening Weather Conditions And Listen For Later Statements And Possible Warnings. Severe Thunderstorms Can And Occasionally Do Produce Tornadoes.

Other Watch Information... Continue... Ww 327... Ww 328... Ww 329...

Discussion... Large Scale Circulation Around Upper Low Off The Ca Coast Will Spread Thunderstorms Northwestward Across The Area Into The Evening Hours. Moderate Instability And Deep Layer Shear At 30-40 Kt Will Support Supercells... With Severe Hail The Main Threat.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Keep your rods safe! RUN!!

Keep your rods safe! RUN!!

Thanks for the report. I used to love thunderstorms but not after I learned how dangerous they are. Now I head for the great indoors when they start. I had a Chow Chow years back and thunder was the only thing to make her shake like a kitten.
Be safe.
Barb

H
halibuthitman
awsome!!!

awsome!!!

looks like I will finally get to launch my boat in under an hour for once!!!

A
Anyfishisfine
mgdguy said:
Hail To 2 Inches In Diameter...

I should leave my tank of a canoe on the truck to bear the brunt of this. :)

M
mishkaballer7
my girl jsut called me from salem abt thunderstorm

there is a sever thunder storm in salem going on right now really heavy rain,,, flooding steets pretty fast
im in portland right now and its very sunny

hehe
i love oregon

T
Troutier Bassier
dude??? Thunderstorm???? Thats Crazy, Its perfectly fine right now and theres not gonna be a thunderstorm probally.
dose anyone in the portland area have a watch that can measure barometric presure (learned thsi in school) ??? So If its low it might rain or storm but probally will just be a little shower.

D
Drew9870
Im lucky to have power, but it was perfectly sunny here too, I was thinking of going fishing and I could bring a raincoat and be ok........ I am happy I didn't go, I was even planning on Catfishing.

BE PREPARED, ITS THE WORST STORM I HAVE WITNESSED. I am 75% positive Lightning struck in the field thats about a rock tossing distance from my house

T
Troutier Bassier
nevermind, the storm has arived

A
Anyfishisfine
It's kicking up real good here. Some thunder in the distance.

F
FishSchooler
Anyfish, Im with you. If it reaches you, I know it's going to reach me in no time.

T
Troutier Bassier
AHHHHHHHHHHHH THUNDER!!!

I want to build a fort in my room. lol. to protect me.

A
Anyfishisfine
FishSchooler said:
Anyfish, Im with you. If it reaches you, I know it's going to reach me in no time.

Did you notice it just get dark? Weird sensation, like someone turned the lights way down outside instantly.

F
Fishtopher
Its kickin hard over here by 92nd and Foster in Portland!

T
Troutier Bassier
pshht. Killin it at 201st

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Rolling hunder!!

Rolling hunder!!

Awww man! Remember my previous post about my Chow? Well, I haven't been able to pry my Border Collie off my lap for the past hour. He is NOT a lap dog! :naughty: Poor guy is really sweating.
It got really nasty here in Dallas for 45 minutes and now it's mainly thunder and lightning. Lost electricity twice for a few minutes. Time to fix dinner before the microwave is nixed. :lol:
Please be careful everyone!
Barb

D
Drew9870
I think the Catfishing trip might still be on :lol::lol::lol::D

Seriously though, I am just worried about catching bait...... Kinda :D

Maybe the Channel Cats and possibly a few sturgeon will be on the move with the sudden rise in the Willamette.

BEST OF LUCK WITH KEEPING YOUR POWER. (Don't mean to steal a quote) BE SAFE, THERE IS LOTS OF LIGHTNING AND ROLLING THUNDER LIKE I HAVE NEVER HEARD BEFORE. STAY AWAY FROM GLASS WINDOWS JUST IN CASE.

F
FishSchooler
It's super dark. Rain and thunder just switched on like crazy. Well guys and girls, it's been nice knowing you all! :lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
pshhht! that was dumb, I expected BOOM CABAM SHAZAM CHACHING< YAYYAYAYAYAYYAYA AHAHHHHHH

But no it was anloy 32 minutes long. :(

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
It's not over...

It's not over...

Don't be too casual about this storm! There have been numerous TORNADOES reported all over the area! This is not a minor storm,trees are coming down and traffic is a nightmare. I just heard that Portland has had 221 lightning strikes. Stay inside if you can and make sure your pets are safe as well.
Be safe.
Barb

M
mgdguy
Troutier Bassier said:
dude??? Thunderstorm???? Thats Crazy, Its perfectly fine right now and theres not gonna be a thunderstorm probally.
dose anyone in the portland area have a watch that can measure barometric presure (learned thsi in school) ??? So If its low it might rain or storm but probally will just be a little shower.

AH, youth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: