September salmon

Irishrover

Most Featured
It was another long day on a flat ocean. The fish slept in and did not wake up for the bite until afternoon. We landed 2 non clipped coho, one on a pink hoochie and one on a green hoochie. Both at 35 on the line counter in 170 fow. The bonus was a hog of a chinook, 60 on the line counter in 170 fow. The water temeps were high today 59.8 on the hight end. With warm surface temps we figured the fish would be deeper. We were fishing for coho at 30 feet when the chinook took the hoochie and ran with it.
IMG_0561.JPG

Last edited:

rogerdodger

Most Featured
Oustanding. my mistake was going out of Depoe Bay too early, I was hoping for 3' + 1' swells, what I got was 4' NW + 2' S, and I just can't effectively fish the ocean from a kayak in those conditions...I fought it and trolled for 2 hours out to 110' depth but called it. On the way back in, just outside Depoe Bay, I had to slow down to let a whale pass slowly by the entrance, that was definitely the highlight of my day.

Irishrover

Most Featured
A whale viewed from a kayak must be awesome. We are tied to the dock today with those south winds blowing. Later in the week the wind will die down and provided a better fishing opportunity.

Hooked Up

It was another long day on a flat ocean. The fish slept in and did not wake up for the bite until afternoon. We landed 2 non clipped coho, one on a pink hoochie and one on a green hoochie. Both at 35 on the line counter in 170 fow. The bonus was a hog of a chinook, 60 on the line counter in 170 fow. The water temeps were high today 59.8 on the hight end. With warm surface temps we figured the fish would be deeper. We were fishing for coho at 30 feet when the chinook took the hoochie and ran with it. View attachment 615808
Yeah! I'd like one of those!

for ads free experience.

Top Bottom