See if you can spot the dog

Admin
Admin
I was fishing at E.E. Wilson pond today and the guy fishing next to me had a dog who was all over the place. Guys, if you have to bring your dog with you when you go fishing at a public place, please keep the dog on a leash, so it will not ruin others fishing experience.

F
fishnquest
It was fun to watch. I just finished work for the day and would rather be fishing. The dog reminded me of shooting the mechanical ducks at the county fair.

T
Thuggin4Life
Well at least you got a fish. When I take my dog bank fishing she only gets to be off leash when other people aren't around. soon as people show up or she starts running down to where other people are trying to fish on the leash she goes. I figureeven though she whines and barks a bit its better than to have her all up in someones spot messing with them or there gear. Some people. Never would I try to take her to a place like that and let her run amuck.

N
natro
Nice vid. Had to laugh @ the 52 second mark though, sounded like some old guy puking.

F
Fishtopher
Looks like the dog almost knocked you in the water @ 1:44!

T
Throbbit _Shane
I went fishing saturday at Agate Lake. And had the same thing happen to me. Yet the dogs owners were the care takers of the lake....

Ill post pictures later :)

N
nwkiller
im both ways with the leash thing....was at fall creek and we had 5 dogs, our friends and our own....a strangers dog with the owner 50 yards behind headed toward the pack, with the guy yelling "my dogs friendly". my friend yelled "mine isn't" and there was a dog scuffle.. i think that if u dont have your dog on a leash it better be a well behaved dog that you can control, but if nobodys around, the law shouldnt matter, my older lab i can leash up and he will walk right next to my side with his own leash in his mouth maybe he thinks when he is carrying the leash he must behave and stay by me!!
I know the guy in the video should have kept is dog closer but i dont think it really ruined your fishing expeirience....but i defenetly would have kept my dog in a closer vasinity, nice job on the trout at the stocked ponds, and if i was you and wanted it quite and peacefull, head for some less fished lakes and rivers then if someones dog gets in your bubble you really have a right to be upset with all that open water
not saying your wrong....i would have told that guy to keep alittle better eye on his dog....you could have had row out, and the dog could have gotten in it...huge worry of mine...i do hate when poeple just let there dogs walk right up to you!

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
Rude and inconsiderate but........wheres Waldo? :lol:

N
n8r1
I don't think that he was intentionally rude or inconsiderate, just a little clueless. When he was told that his dog needed to be on a leash he immediately put her on one and got out of the way. A rude or inconsiderate person would have ignored you, or given you the finger, and continued to let his dog run amuck.

I rarely take my dog fishing with me, even though she is pretty well behaved. I just worry about the various dangers: toxic baits, salmon poisoning, fish hooks stuck in their mouth or paw, ect.

O
OnTheFly
"There's nothing friendlier than a wet dog" Will Rogers

Irishrover
Irishrover
I have two dogs a border collie and a kelpie. They love the water so when I go fishing they stay home. That did remind me of a story about a guy and a dog off leash. Seems this guys was out for a walk down at the lake when he spots another guy with a large mean looking dog right near him. The first guy ask is your dog friendly? The second guy responds my dog is as friendly as they come my kids play with him all the time. They pull his tail and even take his bone away just to tease him. Oh good said the first guy as he approached the dog by the shore. When he was about ten feet away the dog snarelled and leeped upon the guys chest and ripped his coat and shirt to schreeds, he bit the guy in the arm and was maulling him in a terrible was wihen the second guy found a large stick and beat the dog off the first guy. The fist guy looks up at the second guy and said I thought you said your dog was friendly. The second guys said my dog is friendly he is at home and pointed at the other dog and said that's not my dog!;)

Last edited:
S
snowrdr
I used to always take my yellow lab with me when bank fishing. He wouldn't stay out of the water. But he would only be in the water next to or in front of me. His job was to help land the fish... :lol::lol::lol:

L
lilsalmon
Had I been the "clueless" person on the bank with my dog "running amuck" and I was told my dog had to be on a leash....I would have said, "Oh she does?" and done the same thing in order to avoid being accused of being rude and inconsiderate....people play dumb all the time...

Enough said.......Lets fish.....

M
Michael
Dog or no dog... I like those videos. I watched a few more on your YouTube Channel. Very cool. Thanks for making em, and posting em. I'm going to get my first ever fly rod pretty soon. I'm in Salem. Would love to hook up and fish with you some time.

Y
youngbuck307
LOL that video was great! Dont see how someone would let a dog mess with there time on the water.... guy evan put his dog on the leash for you when you asked... really whats to be mad about.... sure wouldnt like my dog on the water she is in and out of it all day long and i still put fish on the bank..... I fish small streams for trout so dont know if the rushing water hides the sounds she makes or what but have no problem catching fish when shes in the water.... ever thought maybe you pick that fish up because the wind calmed down a lil and the weather changed or the sun was going down both can turn a bite on.....

I think you could of won 10,000 from AFV if that dog would of pushed you in like it wanted to!

B
bigfootfish
That trout was a great little dancer, wasn't it? I agree that dogs should be on a leash. I was watching this guy carefully walk across a narrow footlog that crossed a small creek a few years ago, and the guy was about halfway across the log when out of nowhere this dog runs up to the end of the footlong behind the walker and lets loose with this mournal caterwallowing. Startled the poor guy so that he took a wrong step and down he went. I asked him if he needed help and he said no, he'd manage. The water wasn't deep, but he banged his knee up and called for help on his cell phone. The dog kept right on barking after his fall and subsequent painful movements. The dog started to growl and howl and even make threatening advances towards the injured angler.
Well, I started looking around for the dog's owner so as to try and get the dog under control when kabang! Dead dog. The injured guy shot the dog. Oh well.

BFF

S
sherman
My chocolate lab stays with the wife back at camp. If I was to bank fish with him he would want to retrieve my lure. He wont stay put in my toon either, he would rather be swimming.

B
bigfootfish
Sounds like a Lab to me!!! Best dogs on earth!

BFF

C
cookshot
Personally I know my dog will not mess with people or fight with other dogs. That being said, I know that some dogs aren't friendly, and some people don't like dogs, so if there are people around, she goes on the leash.