Secret pond for coastal cutthroat in Siletz

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Couple weekends ago a friend and I went up to a secret pond outside Siletz that is just chalk full of Coastal Cutthroat trout. We were catching them on spinners but mostly nightcrawler under a bobber. We caught about 20 apiece then ran out of worms :lol: anyway just wanted to share the story it was a lot of fun. One of the many reasons I love living on the coast, so many places to fish.

troutdude
troutdude
Sounds like a blast. Did you keep any? Were their any big ones (over the typical 10-12" range)?

S
Scott M
Sounds like natures "You-Catchum" pond! :D Sounds like fun.... Did you keep any, or take any pics?

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Replying to Scott and Troutdude. We did not keep any of the fish for two reasons. 1) The biggest ones we were catching were in the 7-9" range so not huge 2) Even though we caught a lot of fish I'm not quite sure exactly how big the population is in the pond so I don't want to ruin it by taking out fish and risking there not being much more when I come back. Also I do have a few pictures but I can't download them off my phone onto the computer

Reactions: Scott M
B
billfisher
you can e mail them to your computer.

troutdude
troutdude
I'm VERY glad to see that you have such respect, for that pond and its fish! Catch 'em now...release 'em...catch 'em again later.

S
Scott M
SiletzTroutKiller said:
Replying to Scott and Troutdude. We did not keep any of the fish for two reasons. 1) The biggest ones we were catching were in the 7-9" range so not huge 2) Even though we caught a lot of fish I'm not quite sure exactly how big the population is in the pond so I don't want to ruin it by taking out fish and risking there not being much more when I come back. Also I do have a few pictures but I can't download them off my phone onto the computer

A Big thumbs Up to that !!