Seafoam decarb...

H
Herefishyfishy
I just decarbonized my motor with seafoam Deep Creep and it worked great! Has anyone here ever done it? It blew a lot of gunk out of my motor and it is running quite a bit smoother, a little bit faster and idling noticeably better. I let the motor warm up on the muffs then sprayed directly into the carb a few seconds, again, again then sprayed until it stalled it. Then pulled the plugs and sprayed half the can into the cylinders, put in my old plugs and let it sit overnight. Fired it up the next day and watched chunks of carbon and black sludge fly out of my motor! I smoked my neighbors out pretty good but the stuff works!
No I don't sell the stuff, you buy it at NAPA and I don't work for them....I just want to contribute what I can to the forum.

Last edited:
F
FishFinger
I agree with you completely. I too have and do use it too. Both of my motors (main and kicker) are like me.... Vintage.

My idle and performance improved by perhaps 20%.

S
SALTYFISH
wow thats really useful info!

G
GDBrown
FishFinger said:
I agree with you completely. I too have and do use it too. Both of my motors (main and kicker) are like me.... Vintage.

My idle and performance improved by perhaps 20%.

Either of you willing to come help me do my 25HP Merc? My truck needs it too. I've had the can sitting on the window sill for months and I just can't seem to have a good enough day with my hands to do it.

GD

H
Herefishyfishy
I tried to reply from my cell saturday, looks like it didn't go through for some reason. I will help you out with that. We have to come up with a time to do it. I leave for Hawaii this weekend and will be back the 12th. I have a lot going on this week but will be free after I get back if that will work.

J
joesnuffy
are there instructions that come with it that are easy to follow?

H
Herefishyfishy
No, not on the can. I read up on it for quite awhile before I tried it out. The method I first posted seemed to be the way most people were doing it when it had not been done ever or in a long time. The part I left out is that you are supposed to take it out by the next day if possible to run it full open and really blow the stuff out. I reved mine up in the driveway pretty good and got a lot of crap out of it then took it out the next morning. I then found out later that your not supposed to rev your boat motor very much at all if it's just on the muffs and not in water because of back pressure for the exhaust. Also as I said I put my spare plugs in to burn everything off the first time and then ran my new ones in the river, it's supposed to be hard on plugs when you blow it out initially. As far as using it in a car or truck, I have no idea. I read in several places your supposed to run it through the vacuum system....? Remember it smokes big time!!! I had a cloud over half the block!

G
GDBrown
PM me with your phone number and I'll call you. I home all day unless I'm fishing. I may go to Lost lake tomorrow or thursday but other than that I'm home. I've read on the internet how to do it on my truck, it's just my back won't let me do much at all right now..... Dang I hate this, it is such a PAIN!

GD

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
I got the stuff you pour into the gas tank .
Filled up the 6 gallon portable tank , did the pre mix , poured in a can of seafoam<to 6 gallon specs>, ripped ass up and down the river till it was empty , and it runs a hell of a lot better .
Good stuff .
Gonna do the carb stuff next time .

M
MustangBill
I use Sea Foam in my boat and truck gas tanks all of the time. I just add some when I fill up. It has made a noticeable difference in how my older trucks run. Plus I just pulled apart an original 1977 460 from my truck to rebuild and was very supprised at how clean the valves and heads were is spite of the bad rings the motor had. It was starting to have some blow by just from age. I think Sea Foam is great stuff.