ScrewDriver!

A
autofisher
Hit up the main stem of the Santiam with some friends. Mostly goofin off and tryin to fit a little fishing in. Decided to goof off and plunk with a drift rod and test my luck. Threw out some eggs topped off with some ScrewDriver yarn and waited about 4 minutes before my line went absolutely berzerk!!! A nice 15-16 lb springer! I blame myself for what happened. I fought it for about 5 or 10 minutes, thought it was tired and tried to slide it up on the bank. It wasn't done, but my 12lb leader was. Nice fish, fun fight, no fresh meat. Two out of three aint bad.

O
osmosis
you skidooshin screwdriver! quit puttin 'em back in the river!

A
autofisher
I honestly wasn't planning on hooking up with anything. The water was high, dirty and fast. No one's face was more priceless than mine when I hooked it. It's ok though. I'm just getting warmed up for Monday.

O
osmosis
Heck yeah it should be a blast! Just pray it stops raining!

A
autofisher
I've been watching the forecast. Looks like the weekend is supposed to be nice, but I don't know about monday.

B
bigdog
You see what it is though the other day you got some steel to the bank and that was your allowed fish for awhile now your going to fall back to your bad luck streak again:lol: It's Mike you know there is plenty of time left to kill some springers just next time better use just a little larger line :lol:

CJ

C
Cohosanders
Screwdrived and skidooshed!!!!! or maybe skidouche:lol: Hey at least youhave a great attitude towards your ordeal. I cannot imagine getting a springer that close. Same thing has happened to me with coho. The peak of the run is still to come:D

T
Thuggin4Life
Thats why you got it slighty high and murky so you plunked. Of course you were gonaa hook one. i bet it was a blast other than when it flopped back in the water without your line attached. Just yarn and roe?

A
autofisher
Yarn and roe. Not even a high quality cure or anything. Like I said. Goofin around.

B
bigdog
A
autofisher
When I'm sleepin?

B
bigdog
Maybe :lol:

A
autofisher
Now if I took a net, wouldn't I be violating Mill City law? Something about only being able to use a net if you have less than 80% of your teeth?

A
autofisher
You saw my dad? CRAP!! Next time you see that guy you tell him he still owes me a bike for the A I got in math in 5th grade. We can play. I'm glad that you've let your wife take over for spelling for you though. It was getting pretty hard to understand the hillbilly insults when I couldn't read them. :lol: