Scratched one out this morning!

M
Mad dog
Nothing exciting....just thought I would post up some results to pick up the slack for Shane being he wasn't gonna fish today....what a slacker! :D

My son and I hit the North Umpqua this morning....though day! Lot's of water! Started out up by Glide but at 1st light with the water flowing at 9,800 cfs, it was too big where we wanted to fish. I had looked at the flows prior to leaving the house and Steamboat creek was up 500cfs overnight and Little river was up around 300cfs, it was only gonna get bigger! :( Not going to fish here today! We worked our way back to towards the "Burg" scouting a few of our turkey spots on the way....so it wasn't a total loss. By 8:00 am we got to a stretch of river that fishes ok when the water is big and the clarity looked acceptable so we thought what the hell, we're here, might as well give it a few hours. Started out pulling plugs and had two good take downs that didn't hook then after a couple of hours my son hooked one on a plug that broke off after a bit....Crap!!! There goes a brand new out of the box plug that the fish were digging! Damn ledge water just eats up your leader with that plug banging away down there!

After a bit we switched to a little sidedrifting, I rowed, my son fished. The rain stopped, the sun came out, he caught a nate hen pretty quick....the world was a beautiful place....For a while! :D We fished a bit longer then he got called into work, Bummer! 6th day this week!

Only fish of the day.
001-5.jpg

Reactions: OnTheFly
R
RunWithSasquatch
Pretty fish, fun report, thanks for sharing!

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish!

R
rippin fish lips
nice fish bro!

C
capblack
nice fish way to git r done!!

T
Throbbit _Shane
nice fish bro!

i fished with Phil today. We released 3 nice steelhead. mine was the biggest though LOL. i took yesterday off though haha

N
nwkiller
nice fish!

R
rainbowfisherman
It sure is a beauty, Congrats!

troutdude
troutdude
I am no math wizard, by any stretch of one's imagination. However, I am most familiar with this equation:

1 > 0 !!!

F
FishFiddle
That is a beauty, and a great smile too!! I gotta get my son out soon but it is a little hard as he is back to working long hours and 6 or 7 per week (not all bad), but a smile like that might be worth missing some work.

N
nativefish
Pretty looking fish, bet that is gonna be tasty. Work is always a little bit easier after you get a fish (and the hard part of the day) over with lol.

M
Mad dog
nativefish said:
Pretty looking fish, bet that is gonna be tasty. Work is always a little bit easier after you get a fish (and the hard part of the day) over with lol.

Couldn't tell you if it was tasty....it went back into the river!

P
Phil_Bud
nice fish

O
OnTheFly
Whoe! You guys always seem to connect with great looking fish!

G
GDBrown
1<0 ???

I wish I was that good! LOL

Reactions: OnTheFly