sauvie island

F
fish_on!!!
Has any1 ever had any luck around sauvie on the bank willy or Columbia side? used to go there all the time but never tryd for salmon/steelhead never even heard or seen a trace of them being caught there but I figure sence its the mouth of Willamette and has a good stretch of Columbia there it would be a great spot;think;

F
Fishtopher
In short form, yes. Lotsa places to fish on the island on the C side. Lotsa fish caught there too. And the channel is loaded too.

F
fish_on!!!
Nice!wat works out there I'm guessing its a plunkn thing? a lot of the spots there are muddy or beachy and from what I know salmon/steel like those areas so should I stay away from those spots? I'm might try 1 day if not I'll play wit some stergeon!

F
Fishtopher
Ya, plunkerville. Ya, spin n glo. And just look for people. Or walk the bank and look for blood on the beach. Thats where you want to fish.

T
The Nothing
i ment to go there a few times this last season and failed to do so :( makes me wonder if thats why i don't have a springer on my card

F
Fishtopher
....:think:Id say thats a yes too;)....

P
PDXKush
Am I wrong or is the Salmon Season now closed @ Sauvie Island. I know last day @ Prescott Beach was Saturday. Anyone know for sure? Thanks

T
The Nothing
sauvies falls west of the Hayden Pwr Lines, so it is done. Gotta head a bit more east to be able to get in on Wednesay...

I still dunno if i have an open seat for wednesday, if not, i've got decent bank spot that should produce...

P
PDXKush
I'd love to toss some glo's out there. Where is this Bank spot you speak of? I'd love to know. Thanks so much.

A
Aceking
If you really want to catch some salmon I heard the columbiaq slough is a great spot.

P
PDXKush
the slough huh. I drove bye the slough @ interstate and Columbia and it looked very murky and brown. Is it ok to eat the fish you catch out of there or was I lokking @ a bad spot? Thanks for the info either way :)

F
Fishtopher
Never seen a Salmon in the C.S.! And NEVER, EVER eat a fish outta the Columbia Slough!!!!!

P
PDXKush
Thats what I figured :)

A
Anyfishisfine
I read it's one of the most polluted waterways in the US.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Andy, you can eat any of the retainable Salmon, or Steelhead you catch in the NW rivers. The water may be dirty, but the fish are fine to eat. Do not eat resident species, like Bass, Carp, Pikeminnows, you know...

P
PDXKush
awesome AA. Thanks so much bro.

W
WildUrp
If I'm not after salmon or steelhead, is there a place to fish for trout, etc. that is safe from pollution on Sauvie?

A
Anyfishisfine
WildUrp said:
If I'm not after salmon or steelhead, is there a place to fish for trout, etc. that is safe from pollution on Sauvie?

I think stocked fish should be ok and there is a stocked lake there:

Haldeman Pond

C
Carl762
You can always try Hagg Lake, which has just been stocked this week.

Going to head out there tomorrow morning.