Satisfying days carpin'

U
universalfishermatt
Lucky lol... Goodluck!

F
flocaster
universalfishermatt said:
Lucky lol... Goodluck!

Thanks! PM me if you want to try fishing down here..It's supposed to rain about .5 inches Saturday but Monday is supposed to be clear and sunny

U
universalfishermatt
I'm down Monday!

Reactions: flocaster
F
flocaster
U
universalfishermatt
Or Saturday... Idk. Lol it better have 30lbers!

F
flocaster
Or Saturday... Idk. Lol it better have 30lbers!

I hope you're talkin about golden gardens cus i make no promises about my other spot! lol They are a pretty good average size though

U
universalfishermatt
Well I hope they bite at golden gardens! Haha

F
flocaster
No kidding! I may try to go pre-fish it between now and then just so i have a little more info on it

F
flocaster
flocaster said:
Well, I'm getting ready to head out and try those "super duper" boilies i made last night. Hopefully i'll have lots of pics to post later

Well 3 hours fishing in this evening and no fish for me today. Not even a bite lol

U
universalfishermatt
Maybe the boilies spooked em

F
flocaster
Maybe the boilies spooked em

lol I tried it all..boilies, corn, bread and spam! The fish just didn't seem to be moving or feeding very much today

J
Jdangler xD
Troutslayerjenn said:
I would love a little help with places to go for my first carp fishing experience. Also when you fly fish for them do you use weighted line or floating? I'm also very new to fly fishing. Thanks!
I'd stick with what's comfortable to you, my advice a floating line, woolybuggers in white or brown ish maybe even mixed. Buggy looking flies with rubber legs and what have ya. And with a fly rod I would sight fish or try areas carp frequent

M
MikePierce170
You guys are nasty. But if you ever want to eat carp that are missing eyeballs, let me know. I'll gladly donate them to you lmfao.

F
flocaster
MikePierce170 said:
You guys are nasty. But if you ever want to eat carp that are missing eyeballs, let me know. I'll gladly donate them to you lmfao.

Hey, ya never know if you don't try! And I didn't say I'd be eating any again any time soon lol

M
MikePierce170
Hahaha. Flowcaster, that's like saying you never know if a deep fried turd is bad until you try it. It's still a turd! You're a brave man. I'd have to be close to death before I put carp to my lips.

F
flocaster
True but in all fairness the water i fish is NOWHERE near as nasty as the waters you fish. I wouldn't have even considered it if it hadn't come from very clear, clean water. Still wouldn't mind blastin a few with ya some time after i get my bowfishing rig built

M
MikePierce170
I fish all kinds of water. Basically if the water has horrible viz and looks gross, I'll bowfish it. If the water is clear and has decent viz I'll be diving it to kill carp. I much prefer to dive for them though. I've actually given carp to a fellow OFF'er outta the Columbia. I wouldn't give him a carp to eat that came outta Sauvie Island. Whenever you get your bow rig setup, let me know. Last year I had a lot of fun blasting carp next to a fly fisherman hahaha.

F
flocaster
MikePierce170 said:
I fish all kinds of water. Basically if the water has horrible viz and looks gross, I'll bowfish it. If the water is clear and has decent viz I'll be diving it to kill carp. I much prefer to dive for them though. I've actually given carp to a fellow OFF'er outta the Columbia. I wouldn't give him a carp to eat that came outta Sauvie Island. Whenever you get your bow rig setup, let me know. Last year I had a lot of fun blasting carp next to a fly fisherman hahaha.

Will do!