SAT. March 14th

K
Kodiak
I'll be heading up to the trap on the Siletz. Probably going to be my last winter trip for the year. I'm usually pretty good about keeping maybe 1 fish but this is going to be a "meat trip". I will have the whole day for a change and am willing to help others get into fish, learn to read water, whatever.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Mark one spot for me. :D Anyone else?

N
nw5785
I am interested how far from eugene?

J
JeannaJigs
nw5785 said:
I am interested how far from eugene?

It's about 125 miles :(

N
nw5785
shoot, thats a little too far. :(

J
JeannaJigs
Yep :( Sucks.

L
lechner
You can count me in too if there's still room. After repeated attempts, I still haven't managed to hook into a steelhead yet and have been dying for the experience. I have a ride, the appropriate tackle, and a thirst for knowledge and delicious fish :D

K
Kodiak
Yep there is room

Yep there is room

Still plenty of room. There is a lot of river in there. We should be all able to hook up in there.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Hey, does that guy with super long hair, that works on Toyotas still live in Mill City? Right near the gas station on the Hwy? I know he used to work for the guy who owns the local tow company... Or at least knows him. If so, I would rock out on the Siletz with you guys. I am going to be rockin Pocket Gophers on Friday, and I will crash with his neighboer if I can get a hold of him.

F
fishnquest
What an incredibly generous offer! I won't be there, but Kodiak, you're the man.

K
Kodiak
Too bad!

Too bad!

fishnquest said:
What an incredibly generous offer! I won't be there, but Kodiak, you're the man.

I know it would be a long drive but with this last moon cycle we should be up to our eyeteeth in steel.

P.S. Thankyou!!!

F
FishFinger
Ok... I'm gonna try and make it. I'll dig for specifics later in the week.

J
joesnuffy
Wow, I'm going to miss this by one weekend. lol

C
Chedster
Hmmm I might drive up and meet you guys and hook some steel:cool: How far is upper Siletz from Corvallis?

K
Kodiak
Hmmm

Hmmm

Chedster said:
Hmmm I might drive up and meet you guys and hook some steel:cool: How far is upper Siletz from Corvallis?

I think it's around 60-70 miles. Completely worth the trip!!

L
lechner
My plan is to wind up in Newport for some jetty fishing and crabbing Saturday afternoon and evening. Y'all are welcome to join my girlfriend and I to slay some saltwater fishes and sea roombas.

Last edited:
A
ArcticAmoeba
Sea Roombas! Hahahaha.:lol:

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
What the heck is a sea roombas?

L
lechner
GraphiteZen said:
What the heck is a sea roombas?

Crabs ;)

roomba.adj.jpg

F
fishnquest
:lol::lol::lol:sea roombas. touche':lol:
Are you pole fishing from the bank for those? I hit ft bragg (ca) two weekends ago and it was really slow that day, I thought maybe they are starting to move back out.