Santiam Spawnedout Steely

C
Cohosanders

I take back what I said about "Only in Oregon"(there's fish everywhere), but isn't it interesting that right there millions of people and fish are crossing paths(literally):D:D:D

T
TTFishon
Cool vid. When I was a kid I used to see steelhead like that in the Willy along the bike path near D st in Springfield every year around this time. Thanks for sharing.

C
cwsmith
that was right under the santiam i-5 bridge? wow

M
Mike123
Sure that wasn't a nook? Summers aren't spawning yet.. maybe a winter?

Chinook are spawning like MAD on the South Santiam right now!

C
Cohosanders
Mike123 said:
Sure that wasn't a nook? Summers aren't spawning yet.. maybe a winter?

Chinook are spawning like MAD on the South Santiam right now!

yeah...at first that is what I thought because I had seen a few spawned out nooks earlier in the day, but when I got close the sure sign was the color on the side. It had the trademark red stripe and the markings as well. I have only seen dark steel head before never any with that white stuff like all the salmon get. Freaking wierd!!!

S
SALTYFISH
cool vid! im guna have to check that spot ou some day.

B
bigsteel
how did you end up doin bro?

C
Cohosanders
bigsteel said:
how did you end up doin bro?

Between me and my bro we caught 10 cuttys(biggest@ 16") 8 rainbows(biggest @ 10") 1 3lb. sucker fish( thought it was a steely) and an endless amount of pike minnow(some as big as 2lbs.) Fighters for sure!! We were fishing down by Lebanon downstram from that bridge off 226 then off brewster rd. Sweet private land on a nice bend in the river with about 4 or 5 really good holes!!
'

T
Thuggin4Life
I think some steel beat themsellves up trying to get upsteam and end up getting sores like that. just means he willing to work hard to get up river.