Santiam river

M

Mike123

Hey does anyone on here ever plunk anywhere on the Santiam??
I've never done this before but Im going to this season.
any info would be cool. :)

M

Mike123

doesn't anyone plunk on the santiam????

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Kodiak is the man in the know

Kodiak is the man in the know

Mike123;
lol I think you and Kodiak are the only other people here to fish the Santiam,besides me. My best advice is to ask Kodiak since he is very knowledgeable when it comes to "his" river. I am heading out in like three minutes for Mill City. He says the fish are coming in there. Good luck. Be safe.
Barb

K

Kodiak

Banned User
Ya my river!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya my river!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol: Most guys drift it however, If there aren't a lot of people there are places to plunk. A couple of places on the south at waterloo, and up at the hachery. There is a very special place near lebanon, with specialized tactics. I will PM you later with the exact locations later, maybe we can set up a time and we can hookup and I'll show you where. If you want to learn where to plunk on the north there are a couple places to try it there too.

M

Mike123

:lol::lol::lol: Most guys drift it however, If there aren't a lot of people there are places to plunk. A couple of places on the south at waterloo, and up at the hachery. There is a very special place near lebanon, with specialized tactics. I will PM you later with the exact locations later, maybe we can set up a time and we can hookup and I'll show you where. If you want to learn where to plunk on the north there are a couple places to try it there too.

Ya shoot me a PM! All my fishing buddies live at the coast so I fish MY river(South Santiam) alon most the time. haha

I was thinking more the mainstem Santiam below the confluence of the North and South. I know about waterloo and theres a few other spots I know on the South to go, I just wanted to fish lower.

Anyways thanks for the replies. Hope to hear from ya Kodiak!

R

rogueriverdude

Santiam Fishing Around Lebanon

Santiam Fishing Around Lebanon

Hey Ya'll,

I just moved to Lebanon from Gold Beach, after 20 some years fishing the Rogue and having it dialed in for steelies im struggling up here on the Santiam. Anyone have any places I can get to bank fishing on the Santiam (i live close to gill landing and was thinking of walking up that trail trying to find a spot). Usually fish plugs and spin glows or drift roe, but open to new ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good Fishing....

Troutski

Troutski

Upper river...

Upper river...

Doesn't any one else fish the upper section of the river? Just curious as this is where I pursue my pray. I must admit I don't see much sign of man where I do my thing. I just find it interesting...:think: is it me?

Chuck

M

Mike123

Doesn't any one else fish the upper section of the river? Just curious as this is where I pursue my pray. I must admit I don't see much sign of man where I do my thing. I just find it interesting...:think: is it me?

Chuck

Upper section meaning where???
Near Sweet Home?
Above Foster???

M

Mike123

Above Foster Res.....and at the confluence of the lake.

Chuck

There are no summer fish up there.
Only native winters...
And most are pretty nasty...

Unless you know something I dont? :think:

Troutski

Troutski

Hummmm....

Hummmm....

There are no summer fish up there.
Only native winters...
And most are pretty nasty...

Unless you know something I dont? :think:

Not a liberty to say....at least on here. Are you coming to the OFF Free for All this month at the Delta Ponds? We could talk then....

Chuck

S

santiamsailor

I fish both santiams also

I fish both santiams also

I fish both santiams also, never the mainstem. I need some fishing buddies :Dlol

T

trout93

Chuck

i fish up there all the time in the summer. never caught any steelys but lots of nice rainbows

I

Indifisher

Plunking ........

Plunking ........

Hey does anyone on here ever plunk anywhere on the Santiam??
I've never done this before but Im going to this season.
any info would be cool. :)

Mike,
I agree with Raincather, contact Kodiak, the Santiam is his backyard. I used to fish it more when I lived in Lyons, but have moved to Independence. I have seen people plunk near the bridge in Jefferson, at the Reststop on I5, and know an old timer or two that plunk on the Willamette at a spot unofficially known as Social Security Hole on the Polk County side of the river. I think most people drift. I am always looking for more fishing friends for the Santiam. Good luck and tight lines.

K

Kodiak

Banned User
Plunkin'

Plunkin'

Waterloo has a couple of slots, and a modified plunkin' hole up above. Here is a fun one for steelies...Dead Line at wiley park below foster dam. Suuuupper small spin and glow and sandshrimp tail. There is a rock pile strait out in front of you about 45'. Hit on the backside of it and wait. You will need to make sure your weight is on a slider, lots of slack hits, and your weight dropper should be about 18".
On the North try under the bridge in mill city, it's an early morning/evening fishery. 4-6oz weight on a 4ft dropper, 18-24 ft deep!

C

Commodore S

Damn kodiak!!!

Damn kodiak!!!

Waterloo has a couple of slots, and a modified plunkin' hole up above. Here is a fun one for steelies...Dead Line at wiley park below foster dam. Suuuupper small spin and glow and sandshrimp tail. There is a rock pile strait out in front of you about 45'. Hit on the backside of it and wait. You will need to make sure your weight is on a slider, lots of slack hits, and your weight dropper should be about 18".
On the North try under the bridge in mill city, it's an early morning/evening fishery. 4-6oz weight on a 4ft dropper, 18-24 ft deep!

Wil you just post about the north? The run is over down here:dance: I'm serious this time.

M

Mike123

Mike,
I agree with Raincather, contact Kodiak, the Santiam is his backyard. I used to fish it more when I lived in Lyons, but have moved to Independence. I have seen people plunk near the bridge in Jefferson, at the Reststop on I5, and know an old timer or two that plunk on the Willamette at a spot unofficially known as Social Security Hole on the Polk County side of the river. I think most people drift. I am always looking for more fishing friends for the Santiam. Good luck and tight lines.

Thanks for the info Indifisher.
The santiam is my backyard too...
I know all the spots to fish but not the spots to plunk...

And seriously if anyone wants to know EVERY single fishing hole go to the library and get "Fishing In Oregon." :rolleyes:

Last edited:
B

BIG D

:think: OK color me stupid What is plunking :think: and when you guys talk about eggs and bobbers are you talking about salmon row :think: Thanks for any comments