Santiam fishing tips

F
fishingfreak
I am putting together a weekend trip to the Santiam within the next couple weeks. It will be an overnight trip with a couple of Portland Members. If anyone has any good info on where we might be able find some good bank fishing. It doesn't matter it can be North, South, we just want to scout for the Fish for the Cure event. So we can get our wives and Girlfriends in the fish at the event. Please PM me with any helpful info.:D

Thanks,
LA

troutdude
troutdude
There are MANY more summer run steelie's in the South fork. Several have been recycled 2 or 3 times now, down to the Pleasant Valley bridge. You can call the Foster hatchery peeps, for more details.

You can also search the threads on here under the "Santiam" heading; for many other details.

F
FishFiddle
Under the I5 bridge is pretty good...the riffle just below the bridge, just exit at the rest area on the Santiam. The Jefferson boat ramp is good but gets busy sometimes....good hole just out from the ramp as there is a rock ledge and dropoff just out from the ramp maybe 30'. The bridge in Stayton is pretty good from the bank. S Fork I think Wiley Creek(lots of pressure) and Waterloo Park are probably the best. More than enough to keep you busy for a couple days!

F
fishingfreak
Thanks guys, what should we be using Sandshrimp, Eggs, etc?

C
capblack
if your fishing the north, theres lots of access. i5 bridge, jefferson, greens bridge, the old railroad trestle(shelburn), stayton waterfront park, mehama, john neal, fishermans bend, the state park, mill city, spencers, gates bridge, line hole, trolley car hole, minto, packsaddle, and i probably missed a couple. good luck, Brian

F
fishingfreak
Thanks, Kodiak. I will PM you as soon as I can Get the other guys to commit on times. If not I will head out by myself or with one other guy and make it a weekend trip. I will let you know by the next weekend.
Thanks again,
LA

F
fishfor life
Thanks for all of this information,it is helpfull for me because i am on the hunt for my first spring ever....

Last edited: