Sandy???

D
Dbaum
Hello all,

I know that I haven't been giving my usual reports and no I am not slaying fish and then being quiet about it. I actually have been out with a real bad back injury (slipped disk) and my internet at my house went away as I am getting new (better) internet very soon. So the only way I can chat is when I am at school but since I have been laid up for a week or so I haven't been able to get on here at all! I have been feeling sad about that....:(

My back is starting to get a little better (with meds) but it will eventually require surgery some time soon. I am going to try and get out (God willing) as soon as I can and I was wondering if anyone knows how the Sandy has been looking lately? I haven't been down to the Ox to see whats up but I was wondering if anyone has heard any news good or otherwise? Just checking in and saying I am miss everone!:lol::lol::lol:

DB

H
halibuthitman
well I hope you feel better soon-

O
OnSafari
Went Sat & Sunday- Gave up on Sunday and headed over to eagle creek. The water was a bit green, there were quite a few people out on Saturday but not many on Sunday. Morning anyway.- The afternoon brought more people out. - started out at group site 2 and worked our way up to the flood plains- Walked in and around the bend to the waterfalls. Fished about and hour and a half there. No luck. I think i need to learn more about fishing.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I might head down to the river tomorrow for a wee bit if I do I'll let you know how it's doing. Speaking just for my self it has not been that great of a year. Take care of that back. A good sneeze and you could be out for the count! I've been to that back surgery show twice not a lot of fun.

S
shimano22
think ill head out there tomorrow early, probably cedar creek and maybe dodge area ill let you know

T
thebigdog00s
Haven't been down there since sturgeon opened on the Willy. Hope your back gets better !

F
fishfosho
last sat

last sat

saw three nates landed in oxbow last saturday am, but there were like two dozen lines out in the hole. no hatcheries. was planning on spending the day tomorrow but river is rising fast. i'll check conditions in the am.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I just got back from the Sandy. Dodge park to Revenue Bridge. It is high and brown and a wee bit windy. Basicly blown out. The Bull Run was also high. The freezing level is up at 6000 feet which does not help and there is more rain on the way. I'm glad I live close to the river so it doesn't take me that long to get there. With diesle up to over $4.00 a gallon I like to fish close to home when I can.

O
OnSafari
the almanac has been placing Mondays and Tuesdays as best fishing days the last couple weeks. A good excuse to play hooky from work. Tee Hee.

S
shimano22
was up at cedar for a while today the river is pretty brown and movin fast

D
Dbaum
Thanks for all the info guys! I appreciate it...:) I am gonna check the river levels as soon as I get to it...I am at school right now but I am gonna go check out Ox later today just to see. I had a b-day party yesterday and my brother told me a friend of his did real well on the Clack last week so I might head there sometime this week but Ox is so close I hate to not check it out before heading somewhere else. My back is a bit better (at least to cast a rod) but with all of this rain lately I might just end up taking my son to a recently stocked lake somewhere...who knows? Thanks for the info anyway! DB.