Sandy Wed morning

F
fisch
Me and Ken are hitting Sandy tomorrow morning 6:30 - 11:00. Bite has slow down but it still can be fun. PM if you want to join. We can always share some knowledge.

V
VagrantAngler
I'm thinking Dodge or lower tomorrow. Got a bunch of #4 TCO's I need to get the skunk OFF of. Deuched em all with Lemon Joy yesterday and their ready to go!

S
steelhead_stalkers
Im pretty sure TCO spinners are made scent free meaning he wears gloves, so you probably dont need to do the extra step with the Lemon Joy.

W
wormosa
VagrantAngler said:
I'm thinking Dodge or lower tomorrow. Got a bunch of #4 TCO's I need to get the skunk OFF of. Deuched em all with Lemon Joy yesterday and their ready to go!
what does lemon joy do? i have a few of his salmon spinners and i never douched them so to speak lol

V
VagrantAngler
Yeah but I've been fishing them at the mouth of the Lewis and when the fish won't bite just the spinner I will add a drop of Sardine or other scent. Afterthat I might have(note I said might) placed said spinner in with the rest of my spinners. In order to remove any unwanted scents I proceeded to use the Lemon Joy.

Y
youngbuck307
I might be down there tomorrow not to early though.... where will you guys be at???

S
steelhead_stalkers
Very good! Its always best to stay as scent free as possible when chasing salmon!

V
VagrantAngler
Was planning on starting up at dodge/the garbage hole. If nothings happening there I'll work my way down.

Y
youngbuck307
lol same thing im doing Ill be with my boss and kush say hi!

V
VagrantAngler
If you see a black Hyundai it's me. Probably be rocking a blue tarheels hat.

Last edited:
F
fisch
Very slow today at Oxbow. I managed to get one 12lb Buck. I was using 6lb leader(very clear water) so that puts me in double digit club!? YES! 6

A
Anyfishisfine
fisch said:
Very slow today at Oxbow. I managed to get one 12lb Buck. I was using 6lb leader(very clear water) so that puts me in double digit club!? YES! 6

Corkie and purple yarn? That's the last thing I would have tried. Just goes to show you need to try everything.

Nice fish!

F
fisch
We were throwing spinners, eggs, plugs to no avail. I tied little corkie and purple yarn and 3rd cast BAM! What a fighter. Go figure!

J
jeffcycles
Nice job on that fish. I was there when you landed than nook. I was the other guy who landed a nook drifting a corkie and eggs. I ditched the bobber, put on the corkie and had a similar-sized buck on the first cast.

C
cchinook
scent

scent

you can crap on your spinners and it will not matter - it is all about putting those spinners in front of their noses -

Reactions: Fishtopher
F
Fishtopher
Anyfishisfine said:
Corkie and purple yarn? That's the last thing I would have tried. Just goes to show you need to try everything.

Nice fish!

All the 'ho's Ive picked up drifting so far have been on Purple yarn, but with a black corkie! Purp is workin' for sure.:)

S
STIKTIME
sandy wed morning

sandy wed morning

hey jeffcycles and fisch,

I was the guy that caught that coho hen today. right in-between you guys. looks like we were the only ones that caught anything up there today!!!!!!!

J
jeffcycles
Stiktime, we almost had a double there. You hooked your fish just as I was finishing up with mine. That was a nice silver fish, Good job.

S
STIKTIME
sandy wed morning

sandy wed morning

Ya that was very close to a double!!!!! oh and she was full of them pink pearls!!!!:dance: send me a pm next time your headn out.:

A
Anyfishisfine
STIKTIME said:
Ya that was very close to a double!!!!! oh and she was full of them pink pearls!!!!:dance: send me a pm next time your headn out.:

Bait score, sweet. That's what I'm hoping for.