Sandy this Sunday

B
beaverfan
Gonna try my luck on the Sandy this Sunday, I haven't fished it since I was a wee little lad. Anyone else gonna be out there? Probably start out at Oxbow an move around from there. The best part is I'll be fishin' with two chicks!!!:dance::dance:

A
Anyfishisfine
beaverfan said:
Gonna try my luck on the Sandy this Sunday, I haven't fished it since I was a wee little lad. Anyone else gonna be out there? Probably start out at Oxbow an move around from there. The best part is I'll be fishin' with two chicks!!!:dance::dance:

I was thinking of hitting Oxbow Sunday as well. I should plan on it.

E
eggs
I was thinking oxbow or dodge sunday so i would be down... fish are up in the system right now from what i hear.. so starting at oxbow and moving up would be the way to go..

R
redhawk50
I am heading there on Saturday, probably start at Oxbow as well. Hope to find room to use my fly rod. How is the access further up from Oxbow? Or will it be crowded everywhere on Saturday. The one Saturday I have gone was not to bad but was more crowded then I prefer. I am willing to hike back to places just want to make sure it isn't private land.

I will post Sat night when I get done with what I saw.

T
Troutier Bassier
2 Chicks?
animal31.png?

Ive heard good stuff from Sandy. If you get 2 hatcherys remember too show them to Rob Brown at his store so you can be entered in the contest.

E
eggs
Thinking dodge tomorrow afternoon.. but when and where to meet at oxbow Sunday? 7 at boat ramp?

B
Brain Sturgeon
I was gonna fish Dodge and work my way down. Looks like I'll be fishing Oxbow and working my way up!:whistle:

B
beaverfan
I'm gonna try to get there as early as possible, but since I'm going with two girls it might not be the butt crack of dawn. I'm shooting for before 8.

C
Cohosanders
I was out there today with my family @Dabney from about 12:30- 2:00just hanging out and the water looked perfect. Of about 10 folks I talked to only one C&R native, but I think by tommorrow the water should be even better. I have heard they are in good numbers up by dodge and even Cedar Creek presently:think: Where 2 go:think: Good luck to Y'all

E
eggs
Well.... dodge was packed this afternoon and didn't see even a bite, a buddy was war fishing cedar creek and saw 2 landed all day.. water is really low and clear... I think maybe starting at oxbow boat launch and working our way down river throught the park then maybe dabney park... the pay parks don't get hit as hard as the free ones.. but we could hit both parks for under 10 bucks... I know of a really good long drift at dabney when the water is low like this...

I will be at the boat launch at oxbow at 7 til 9ish for those coming.. might be above or just below... for those that don't know what I look like I am short, mid 20's but look 16... will be in a tan jacket, green waders, and camo beanie.. see y'all there..

R
redhawk50
Hit up Oxbow today and it wasn't to crowded if you were willing to walk more then 100 yards. Did not see or hear of anyone catching anything, including from the rafts floating by. Water was clear and cold. Can't complain though, it was good to be out fishing.

E
eggs
If people rather go somewhere else we can but until I see someone say something I am sticking to my other post... now if I only picked up the drift boat I bought today at clackacraft we could move around a bit more :)

E
eggs
Another thing if we all have waders is hike down to girlscout hole or pipeline below dodge after we hit up oxbow.. or we could try gorden creek road after dabney.. never been there but heard there are some accessable holes

Last edited:
E
eggs
Stayed at the boat ramp til 9 and didn't see anyone...

B
beaverfan
Ya sorry guys, I didn't make it out, one of the people I was going with was sick and my girlfriend lost interest when her friend backed out. Oh well there's always next time.

A
Anyfishisfine
beaverfan said:
Ya sorry guys, I didn't make it out, one of the people I was going with was sick and my girlfriend lost interest when her friend backed out. Oh well there's always next time.

You missed out on getting really, really wet.

B
beaverfan
That would have been a whole lot better than sittin' on my couch daydreaming about fishing.