Sandy River winter steelhead challenge!

C
champmclean570
Has anyone won yet? I haven't even wet my line yet. I'm waiting for conditions to get good so i can book my float. I picked Jack Glass to guide me and my brother-in-law.

B
bigboy70
hear really good things about jack and his son as well brandon glass.
ive been thinking about booking a trip but im stubborn and want to do it on my own first lol

good luck and tight lines

C
champmclean570
F that. I want to catch one. especially if i'm going to freeze my ass off.

S
setdahook
Went out today and hit various holes in Dodge and also checked out Danbey and Lewis and Clark. Threw everything I had in the box at 'em with no luck. It seemed to be the same thing with everyone else I talked to at all the holes - maybe a little early and need some rain.

What I wasn't excited to see was the property owner near the garbage hole extending their barb wire on the walk downstream to the next hole, which means squeezing through a tight space to get to the other hole. Quite a tight and awkward squeeze!

Doesn't seem like the Clack is doesn't much either so maybe we need some rain. Anyone else having luck?

C
champmclean570
I'm guessing I won't get out til almost February. I don't know much about the river yet and don't want to get over-anxious and go too early.

Didn't fill in for one fish on my license last year. Gotta improve on that number this year. Especially since my lifetime total is zero.

B
bigboy70
champmclean570 said:
I'm guessing I won't get out til almost February. I don't know much about the river yet and don't want to get over-anxious and go too early.

Didn't fill in for one fish on my license last year. Gotta improve on that number this year. Especially since my lifetime total is zero.

I'm in the same boat as you. They say the first one is always the hardest.

B
bigboy70
double post sorry

Last edited: