Sandy river steelhead 1-25-10

B

boberdown

CAUGHT ANOTHER NICE LITTTLE CROMER! sandy river early this morning around 7:30 am and had a couple other take downs right after that then it started raining and it seemed like the bite just shut off. happy though cause she's a nice 6 lb hen full of some nice eggs too catch more fish!!!

B

boberdown

You're on a roll! (I am too :D) This season is great :cool:

thankyou! thats fer sure... has been awsome!!!! i was so torn on where to go this morning because i called sandy fish and tackle and got the fishing report 503-668-5791 is usualy pretty accurate but a day behind it seems like. i just chose to go to my honey hole and it payed off. cedar creek and above should really get hot! with this new push of fish coming up. im thinking of trying the salmon river here in the next few days... might be productive????
any way thanks again and good luck to you and keep slayin em!

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
thankyou! thats fer sure... has been awsome!!!! i was so torn on where to go this morning because i called sandy fish and tackle and got the fishing report 503-668-5791 is usualy pretty accurate but a day behind it seems like. i just chose to go to my honey hole and it payed off. cedar creek and above should really get hot! with this new push of fish coming up. im thinking of trying the salmon river here in the next few days... might be productive????
Look like you guys are having a good time out there. I'm going to see about hitting it tomorrow. You got my interest up when you mentioned the Salmon River (Sandy system). I really like that place. I might be all wrong but that river is only open from July 1 to August 31. If I am wrong I'll shut up and grabb my fly rod and head for Welches!;)

O

OnTheFly

Look like you guys are having a good time out there. I'm going to see about hitting it tomorrow. You got my interest up when you mentioned the Salmon River (Sandy system). I really like that place. I might be all wrong but that river is only open from July 1 to August 31. If I am wrong I'll shut up and grabb my fly rod and head for Welches!;)

Those dates are correct. I checked out the regs about it last April but didn't get out to fish it.

F

FISHHEADMAFIA

I am sure the Salmon River is off limits now . If I am wrong , I apologize .

B

BobberDown

the salmon is closed rite no those days are rite and last year they evan opend it up for nateive summers yes keep nates or at least that is what odfw sed for that summer run

B

boberdown

to be honest im not sure and i was going to check regs on that area. some one told me 365 days a year this year?

B

boberdown

salmon river is closed

salmon river is closed

to be honest im not sure and i was going to check regs on that area. some one told me 365 days a year this year?

well you guys are right its closed, thanks for the info not sure why they would close it for winters when i can gaurentee there are hatcherys up there with the natives.

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
I do hope that river opens up again and not just in July to August when we are down at the coast catching coho. I like that river because it's small has some great holes with clear water for great sight fishing. It's also beautiful country.
There is a somewhat new area on the Sandy up by Marmot. The BLM aquired the land on the Sandy across the road from the old Koch Ranch. I haven't fished it yet myself. I was up there a few years back helping a guy who was usuing goates to clear the brush. It's mostly pocket water but with a good set of waders and boots on it could provide some good fishing.