Sandy river SPRINGERS!!!!!!

E
EastCountyRookie
I witnessed a beautiful 18lb buck landed in front of me on the mid sandy this morning, man was it beautiful.

J
just1nook
Too bad it wasn't yours! Still nice to watch though.

Springer already to the mid Sandy huh.

O
osmosis
haha they've been there for about a month ;)

E
EastCountyRookie
osmosis said:
haha they've been there for about a month ;)

Osmosis, my buddy said that about a week ago you said that the springers would be there in a bout a month, by the way I would love to fish with you and AA some time.

O
osmosis
Both AA and I have hooked multiple sandy chinook already. Looking over all my previous posts I havent mentioned anything about the sandy chinook so I'm not sure how he would have heard that from me?
last year we had to wait until july for good trib chinook fishing.

If we told him there weren't many, we were simply evening the fishing pressure out.

Last edited:
A
ArcticAmoeba
Yeah, in a month the Sandy will be fishing a lot more consistently. But there are always the first push of early runners. Not a bunch, but plenty to pick off stealth style for sure. 90% of the Sandy Chinook I have had to the bank in the last few weeks were finned though.

F
Fishtopher
ArcticAmoeba said:
90% of the Sandy Chinook I have had to the bank in the last few weeks were finned though.

Two high (well, low) finners for me too on a lower drift on the Sandy.

ECR, was it a keeper??

S
SRO_Slayer
osmosis said:
Both AA and I have hooked multiple sandy chinook already. Looking over all my previous posts I havent mentioned anything about the sandy chinook so I'm not sure how he would have heard that from me?
last year we had to wait until july for good trib chinook fishing.

If we told him there weren't many, we were simply evening the fishing pressure out.

I am the buddy and I too heard 1 of you guys say that, no worries everyone has secrets!

M
Mike123
I'm going to make a trip up there in mid/late May sometime.
Hopefully I may be able to find an open seat in a boat! :D
If not the bank is fine. :cool:

K
Kodiak
What are you nuts?

What are you nuts?

Mike123 said:
I'm going to make a trip up there in mid/late May sometime.
Hopefully I may be able to find an open seat in a boat! :D
If not the bank is fine. :cool:

You know what happens at a particular spot about that particular time, plus that spot has way lower pressure, and bigger fish!....On second thought all us mid valley hilbillies could invade the sandy crush a few limits, then run home and pick up a steelieon the northfork to round ;)out.

M
Mike123
Kodiak said:
You know what happens at a particular spot about that particular time, plus that spot has way lower pressure, and bigger fish!....On second thought all us mid valley hilbillies could invade the sandy crush a few limits, then run home and pick up a steelieon the northfork to round ;)out.

Great idea Kodiak!! You down? :lol:
I hope those few spots in our neck of the woods get good this year.
If your lucky I might show you my secret hole that's even more productive than the big over populated one! :D

F
FreshMoneyFisher
Springer locations off the beaten path

Springer locations off the beaten path

Mike123 said:
Great idea Kodiak!! You down? :lol:
I hope those few spots in our neck of the woods get good this year.
If your lucky I might show you my secret hole that's even more productive than the big over populated one! :D

Dudes, introduce a 'new again' fisher to some productive spots on the Sandy....I promise to wear a blindfold on the hike to the water!

K
Kodiak
Not my river

Not my river

FreshMoneyFisher said:
Dudes, introduce a 'new again' fisher to some productive spots on the Sandy....I promise to wear a blindfold on the hike to the water!

I don't know the sandy..at all but it will be a read the water, try and figure it out thing. Not against taking along a rookie and teaching what I know..and any other takers?

R
RunWithSasquatch
Ill be up there on the sandy probably tomorrow or saturday

Y
youngbuck307
im down to learn all the time dude i think that there is know one that is so ready to learn.... lol think every one thinks that about them self though. but I fish the sandy a lot and would love to learn a lil more on reading water and stuff... and i might be on the sandy tomorrow too where you going to be hitting it sasquatch???

R
RunWithSasquatch
Im not sure just yet, spend a lot of time down below the hatchery, or some of the parks, i havent spent much time on that river, I fish the siletz and the alsea mostly

A
Aceking
can someone tell me where I can catch a Chinook salmon for sure because i have never caught one and am dieing of cancer.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Better go pay a guide then mister

A
Aceking
Fu** guides all they want to do is take all the money you got.

F
Fishtopher
No, they take your money to get you into fish.