Sandy River Spey Clave

J
joesnuffy
Any of you planning on going to this or have you been to previous ones?

Sandy River Spey Clave

I've heard about it for the last couple years but have never attended. Now that I've got my own spey setup (finally), I'm planing on this being the year I finally show up.

F
FishFiddle
Thanks JS! I'm thinking this is a probability. I just got a two hander, barely out of the case. Does anyone have recommendations?

F
FishFinger
"The Woodstock of Spey casting events"!

That sounds like a lot of fun!

J
joesnuffy
One of the best parts is the cost of the event. :p
I need to watch a few videos a few more times and get a bunch of time on the water before I go...... I don't want to be totaly lost :p

Lots of time to plan your trip / weekend.

B
beaverfan
That looks like a blast! Might have to stop by even though I don't have a spey rod.

T
troutfisherman
joesnuffy said:
Any of you planning on going to this or have you been to previous ones?

Sandy River Spey Clave

I've heard about it for the last couple years but have never attended. Now that I've got my own spey setup (finally), I'm planing on this being the year I finally show up.

ohh yeah it sounds like fun ! i just bought my new and first spey rod and i had some time out in the water wit it !! hooked 3 steelhead with it but all three broke my 12lb tippet line witch sucked but anyways im definitely ganna attend this event!!!!

A
Anyfishisfine
I think I have met these guys before. I showed up at the fishing hole and 20 guys were there, mostly learning to fly fish it looked like. There were a couple of guys running around showing the others how to do it.

J
joesnuffy
Anyfishisfine said:
I think I have met these guys before. I showed up at the fishing hole and 20 guys were there, mostly learning to fly fish it looked like. There were a couple of guys running around showing the others how to do it.

sounds about right :p I'll be one of the guys that doesn't know anything :)

Irishrover
Irishrover
If you happen to be over this way and want to spend some time on the Sandy with your spey rod I'd be more than happy to meet you there. I could show you some basic two handed spey cast so you'll have some practice before the Spey Clave. If you PM me your address I'll mail you my Simon Gawesworths CDs. It is a good how to set of CDs. I like the Skaget section the best.

A couple of years ago a forum member "Catch 22" invited me over to the Clackamas and helped me out a lot.

J
joesnuffy
Irishrover said:
If you happen to be over this way and want to spend some time on the Sandy with your spey rod I'd be more than happy to meet you there. I could show you some basic two handed spey cast so you'll have some practice before the Spey Clave. If you PM me your address I'll mail you my Simon Gawesworths CDs. It is a good how to set of CDs. I like the Skaget section the best.

A couple of years ago a forum member "Catch 22" invited me over to the Clackamas and helped me out a lot.

I might take you up on a fishing trip during that time. I'm hoping to spend a week in the area. As for DVDs, I've been watching "Spey to Z" and "RIOs Modern Spey casting". I'm hoping to get on the water very soon........

Irishrover
Irishrover
RIOs Modern Spey casting, that the one I have. It sure lays out the basics.