Sandy river slay day!!!!!!

B
boberdown
Had a blast at the sandy river today! Between my cousin and i we landed 8 fish, and lost a couple . Put back a few natives including a buitiful 18 lb native my cousin caught. Just using corke and yarn!

T
tdales
Wow you slayed em. Good job man! Hey quick question, I was fishing a corke and yarn set up today, and noticed that my corke was keeping my yarn afloat. I'm new to this style of fishing obviously, but do you use weight with your yarn and corke set up, and if so how much and where do you place it on your set up? Thanks

Travis

H
Hook
Nice day on the river boberdown!:clap:

Last edited:
N
ninja2010
good job on the slay day, bobberdown... were you fishing high or low? i'm thinking of heading out to the sandy...

tdales said:
I was fishing a corke and yarn set up today, and noticed that my corke was keeping my yarn afloat.

that's the idea... so you're not dragging the hook on the bottom causing it to snag instead of drifting with the current. so keep the leader short enough that the corkie/yarn doesn't drift above the fish.

tdales said:
do you use weight with your yarn and corke set up, and if so how much and where do you place it on your set up? Thanks

yes... slinkies, lead, split shots... whatever to get the corkie/yarn to the bottom of the water column where the fish hang out. the weight can be anywhere between the main line and hook. the length of your leader is determined by water clarity, temp, color, etc. 18" - 24" from the hook would work. you can always go shorter or longer...

(sorry for the hijack.. just trying to answer a newbie question...)

B
boberdown
ninja2010 said:
good job on the slay day, bobberdown... were you fishing high or low? i'm thinking of heading out to the sandy...

that's the idea... so you're not dragging the hook on the bottom causing it to snag instead of drifting with the current. so keep the leader short enough that the corkie/yarn doesn't drift above the fish.

yes... slinkies, lead, split shots... whatever to get the corkie/yarn to the bottom of the water column where the fish hang out. the weight can be anywhere between the main line and hook. the length of your leader is determined by water clarity, temp, color, etc. 18" - 24" from the hook would work. you can always go shorter or longer...

(sorry for the hijack.. just trying to answer a newbie question...)

no problem, well i have been fishen the sandy pretty hard every day all over last week i fished lower river by dabney st parkand picked up a couple, picked up a couple below tippy canoe down a little lower, the whole river has fish in it ... i ahve heard of fish being caught dodge park and cedr creek so thats where we went today! and really had a great time! seen quite a few fish get caught and can only get better with this rain should push even some more fish in there. seen 6 or more fish abouve the creek get caught but only natives, below creek mostly all hatchery fish. good luck slay the steel!!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish guys!

Y
youngbuck307
nice i should be up around dodge park tomorrow!

S
sandyboy
Nice fish.Now thats some good fishing!