Sandy river??? Or should we call it the dead sea!!!!

S
sandyman
Well im not seeing and not hearing of any reports of fish being caught in the sandy, my cousin caught a 15 lb native over a week ago . I dont understand there has been no hatchery fish being caught like last year i had over 20 fish taged by this time? the river has been blown out over 5 times that i know of and one blow out as bad as the flood of 96. my cousin has witnessed a couple fish dead with there heads barried in the sand?. when you go to marmont and cedar creek now looks like a nuclear bomb went off!!! where are the fish???? im so disapointed.... is this just going to be a bad year??? and then i think well what if those fish just blew threw durring all that high water and are milling around in the salmon river allready with the native fish??? ya and you can't fish up there cause its closed until may i think?? well im open to hear what you guys think and im ready to go...:confused: not wasting my time some where else and actuly catch a fish just to build my confidence back up lol.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I think I'll head down to the Dodge Park area tomorrow. Looks like we have a bit of rain on the way starting on Saturday and it my warm up a bit too. Both would be good for the fishing. Don't venture up to the Salmon River until July.....and hang in there those fish will show up.

D
Dbaum
I will be at Ox all day tomorrow and on Monday after the rain...I will let you know how I do! DB.

S
SantiamDrifter
The great thing about this time of year...... You have so many different options to fish. Take advantage!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Beautiful fishing conditions at Dodge Park today. That water was a fantastic steelhead green and no wind. Ed Fast of Ed Fast Guide Service pulled his pontoon boat with clients over to shore to display a knock out bright fat steelhead they caught further up river. It was a real nice fish. One fellow there today said he caught a nice hen yesterday so I'd have to say the fish are in there. Time to sharpen those hooks.

S
sharkhead
hey cuz i think i got it let me no