Sandy River looks like chocolate milk

T
the rookie
the sandy looks like chocolate milk stay home and dont wast your time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T
troutmasta
Step 2:

Dont go fishing while its pouring rain and raining harder by the hour. There are only two rivers that I know of that you can fish in rain like this and unfortunatley I forgot the names.

When they quit rising they will begin to settle and it takes any where from 2 hours to 2 months depending on the river for them to clear to fishable levels.

Watch the river levels and wait for the rivers to start dropping thats when the fishing is the best on the drop. Get your favorite levels on your favorite rivers and go.

My tip for the sandy 8.5-9.5 feet on the drop.
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?site_no=14142500

look at how much water has risen today, that means mud and branches and tires and crap. For sure Chocolatte water.

Good luck, and we are still hittin Ho's here real soon.

T
the rookie
sounds good can't wait to catch them ho's

R
ryank
I know of a guy that caught fish yesterday and the day before on the Sandy. Sure, the conditions were and still are less than ideal but the fish do not vanish when the water rises and gets dirty. They move to softer water closer to shore. I have caught fish in flows from 400cfs to 7000cfs on the Sandy, different water levels just change where the fish hold. I generally do not wait for rivers to get into shape. I have one to two days a week to fish and I pretty much go no matter what the river decides to do on my days off. If you do not catch fish, I guarantee you will at least still learn something that will be useful later down the road.

T
troutmasta
The only thing youre gonna learn in this weather is how not to drown. The rain has almost stopped, the rivers will be ready in a day or two. But if you must run a bobber in the brown water a foot out, be carefull of the rising water, Ive seen it raise 3 feet in a day! Good Luck.

L
LawyerBob
This weekend looks like it might be nice. Water's been dropping for a few days now. It's expected to stay relatively dry (depending on who you ask).

I'm tempted to try drifting from Dabney to L&C. It'd be my first attempt chasing Coho and taking my drift boat down the Sandy. Another rookie and I might end up banking it, however, since my second vehicle just canceled, d'oh.

Anyone else planning to be out there this Saturday? (=

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Hoping to play hooky for a few hours at Oxbow Monday am.

T
troutmasta
Im gonna hit CC one eve this week for some Ho's

L
LawyerBob
troutmasta said:
Im gonna hit CC one eve this week for some Ho's

Let me know when, if wouldn't mind some company. Only been there once before. Can't argue with the results, but that place can really become a zoo!