Sandy River, Gonna Catch A Steelhead.

T
Troutier Bassier
Ok, I am gonna catch a Steelhead,
So There is one place that I can go on the sandy river, Its called Troutdale Park??? Or Something like that, It is a Very Narrow part of the sandy, Only 60 Wide, and Is deep, And I have seen people fishing there When I drive by but never seen anyone catch.
Has Anyone Ever Fished Here? Cause It seems Some of you Fish Sandy Often.

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
T-B this is an absolutely tasteless post, offensive and wrong:naughty: stating you have a measured and counted life is out of line.... unless this is true, and you look pretty healthy in your pics ( but you admit your dad is a photoshop wizard) if you are not at deaths door I strongly suggest you delete this post before another person reads it who has had a sibling or child die early.... :mad: and if you are sick... im sorry

T
Troutier Bassier
Ever Heard of 2012?

H
halibuthitman
uh the 52 week period between 2011 and 2013? consiracy theory? well anyway.. you should ad any additional info to change the tone of your post... im not your dad, and its not my job to tell you what to do but your wording can be taken wrong in its current context, its easy to offend someone who has lost a teenager or child..... just sayin-

H
halibuthitman
thank you for editing T-B:D so I really suggest up at the hatchery where ceder creek dumps in.. Been there twice now, and its really good fishing right at fisrt light for about an hour. ( I like your new signature;))

T
Troutier Bassier
How are you catching them? Spinners? Bait? Bobber?

H
halibuthitman
ive been using those russian bullets and black or green egg sucking leeches with a flyrod and a sink tip, but red and purple blue fox spinners or driftin roe with a bobber was picking em up for the guys around me... good luck, so whts this 2012 gig? U got me curious now..

T
Troutier Bassier
If Only I had $100. Gonna start my Pikeminnow Madness Phase, I need Gear Including What weight fly rod? 7/8 wieghht???

Ok, So Bluefoxes and Drifting Eggs, Thanks.

H
halibuthitman
yep, anything from a 6-8, depends on the rod but all do fine.:)

K
Kodiak
beaverfan said:

I love it....There calander takes 52,000 earth years and then starts a new galactic day and everyone freaks out about it. It's more about the dawning of the age of aquarious than armagedon, I thought all conspiricay theroy nuts like me new that?

A
Anyfishisfine
Kodiak said:
I love it....There calander takes 52,000 earth years and then starts a new galactic day and everyone freaks out about it. It's more about the dawning of the age of aquarious than armagedon, I thought all conspiricay theroy nuts like me new that?

I don't put any credence in the doomsday stuff, but it is interesting that they had a calendar more accurate than ours, and they decided it just ends that day. If it's anything like Y2K it should keep a generation of blood-sucking contractors busy.

B
beaverfan
I agree! It's a pretty interesting subject. But seriously we don't even have a clue what's gonna happen tomorrow let alone December of 2012

T
Troutier Bassier
The end is Near.

But Anyways, Me and my friend have agreed to get some bluefoxes and go to Ceder creeek and Troutdale Park.

A
Anyfishisfine
I wouldn't go to Troutdale park this weekend. I swung by there on the way home from Oxbow today and it was packed with swimmers.

T
Troutier Bassier
Ok, Make sense,

isn't Oxbiw Crowded? I Know a spot at oxbow where its like kinda a waterfall and is Far below tha Boat ramp.

A
Anyfishisfine
Troutier Bassier said:
Ok, Make sense,

isn't Oxbiw Crowded? I Know a spot at oxbow where its like kinda a waterfall and is Far below tha Boat ramp.

Oxbow was packed too. You have to hike in if you want to fish there, but the hike-in spots are very low right now. I'm sure some here could make that water work, but I'm a noob and couldn't.

The spot below the ramp, if it's the same spot had swimmers. I walked about half way down the trail and heard a rock land in the water. I turned around want went back to the car without bothering to see what the water was like there today.

I had that fisherman's conflict of knowing they have a right to be there, and wanting to grab a club and chase them all away.

Last edited:
T
Troutier Bassier
Hmmm,

So I guess Further Up at Cedar Creek.

Wehn is it gonna start Raining?
Do Summer Steel need Rain to get up the sandy?

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Hmmm,

So I guess Further Up at Cedar Creek.

Wehn is it gonna start Raining?
Do Summer Steel need Rain to get up the sandy?

If summer steel needed rain, they wouldn't be called summer steelhead would they. ;)

T
Troutier Bassier
You should Tutor me on this stuff