Sandy River access

Irishrover
Irishrover
I was walking the river bank yesterday up river from Dodge Park toward the Garbage hole. I hit the two hole that are between Dodge and the Garbage hole every once in a while. On the way back I saw something cover buy some bushs and found a land donation marker. The marker is just east of the City of Portland Water Bureau land. I went back today and took a photo of the marker. Can't find anything about it on the internet. Anybody see this before or have any ideas. I know the property to the west of the Garbage hole is posted so it's down to the river and wade if you want to get to those two holes. If this land is what I think it is it would be a nice short cut.

Last edited:
B
bigdog
Well now thats kind of interesting. HHHMMM

I
it ain't called catchin'
Irishrover,

Perhaps county tax assessor (sp?) records will tell you who actually owns it or if it's public land? Just an idea....

Irishrover
Irishrover
it ain't called catchin' said:
Irishrover,

Perhaps county tax assessor (sp?) records will tell you who actually owns it or if it's public land? Just an idea....
I'll give the county a try. It should be easy to find on a tax map, right next to The City of Portlan property.

F
FishFinger
I've strolled past the marker many times. I assumed it was declaring donation to the state, making it public lands. I hike the fence line often, it's a lot easier than boulder dancing.

Irishrover
Irishrover
FishFinger said:
I've strolled past the marker many times. I assumed it was declaring donation to the state, making it public lands. I hike the fence line often, it's a lot easier than boulder dancing.

I've strolled past it many times too, it's just that this was the first time I saw it:lol:. I alway look down when walking in that stuff, bad knees and all. Looks like it is a 1.29 acre piece that has no easement to the road. I think it is tax lot 2001. Tax lot 101 is posted no trespassing and lot 800 is a Clackamas County park aka the Garbage hole. So I guess it walk the fence line or do the bolder dance............the bigger question again is what in the heck is that thing on your avitar Fishfinger?????????

Last edited:
F
FishFinger
Irishrover said:
I've strolled past it many times too, it's just that this was the first time I saw it:lol:. I alway look down when walking in that stuff, bad knees and all. Looks like it is a 1.29 acre piece that has no easement to the road. I think it is tax lot 2001. Tax lot 101 is posted no trespassing and lot 800 is a Clackamas County park aka the Garbage hole. So I guess it walk the fence line or do the bolder dance............the bigger question again is what in the heck is that thing on your avitar Fishfinger?????????

I'm not exactly sure just what it is......

B
bigdog
Irishrover said:
I've strolled past it many times too, it's just that this was the first time I saw it:lol:. I alway look down when walking in that stuff, bad knees and all. Looks like it is a 1.29 acre piece that has no easement to the road. I think it is tax lot 2001. Tax lot 101 is posted no trespassing and lot 800 is a Clackamas County park aka the Garbage hole.

Ok now I'm going to go out on the limb here and sound dumb for a few (but nothing new there) what does it mean for property to be a tax lot?

B
beaverfan
It's just a number assigned by the County for property tax reasons I believe. It's almost like an address that they use.

Irishrover
Irishrover
bigdog said:
Ok now I'm going to go out on the limb here and sound dumb for a few (but nothing new there) what does it mean for property to be a tax lot?
It is just a system the counties us to identify property for tax purposes. Each lot in the county has a number and they use those numbers instead of addresses when doing property tax collection. That system has been around a very long time. Some properties do not have addresses so the use the Township/Range/Section and tax lot. The piece of property that has the marker on it has no address, but it is located by this method.....Township 1 south/Range 4 east section 36 tax lot 2001. That way the county tax man can find the property even without an address. If you get a property tax statement for land you own, it will have a tax lot number on it. Kind of like a license plate on a car only the number stays with the propery unless the land is divided and the new section get a new number. If you pull up the link I posted you can see that the property (aka lot) where the Garbage hole is has the number 800 on it. So the county would call it tax lot 800. Hope that helped some.

Irishrover
Irishrover
beaverfan said:
It's just a number assigned by the County for property tax reasons I believe. It's almost like an address that they use.
Ya that!! Sometime I tend to ramble. You cut to the quick, good:lol: